Will a 3rd bunny help to bond?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaimeh761

Reaction score
I have two bunnies, boy 1 yr and girl 3 yr, both fixed. While they tolerate each other, we have not been able to successfully bond them to a point where they can be together without being in separate pens side by side, or divided by a gate. They have lived this way for 6 months now. So they are basically NOT bonded. I was wondering if a 3rd rabbit likely female, would help to bond them all together? Or could that create a situation where 2 end up bonded and one (probably our punchy boy) ends up solo?

It's always a possibility. Though it would be more likely that two of them would pair off, leaving the one on it's own. Trios don't often work out very well. But it could work. Thing is, you never know until you've tried it. But go into it knowing there's the possibility that they may not bond as a trio.

It might. But I might not be the one to tell you. Sorry.😁

The general rule I've found with bunnies (and with all things actually) is that the more moving parts there are, the more likely it is that something won't work. I highly doubt that adding another bunny to the mix will fix your problems, and if it does it will also likely create new problems. The most likely thing that will happen is that you will have a bonded pair and one rabbit that will still have to be separated. Bonding can be a very tricky and risky thing to experiment with, I wish you the best of luck.

Latest posts

Back