Wildlife Shelter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you could tell them you a very interested in volunteering with them. Then tell them that you have a lot of experience with rabbits and you would love to help them out with any rabbits they have.

I'm also a "planner." But I've found that things never seem to work out the way I've planned. So I plan knowing that a) I won't stick to what I've planned to say and b) That no matter what I say I'm still going to hate it when its all been said.

I hope I've been some sort of help.

Lissa

Hmm. I foundan hour and a half ago and spoke to the same guy I talked to yesterday. The lady I was supposed to talk hadn't arrived yet (30 minutes after the time he said she would be in). I said I'd phone back in an hour. I phoned a little while ago but no one picked up. I don't know if they are off early with the holiday (Canada long weekend) or what. I'll phone back again in a bit..

:yes:Ok, well here's a bit of an update.

I never got a hold of Tiffany (Kept ringing and ringing so I gave up). I phoned another phone number that's directly from the branch of SPCA I was looknig into. Haven't phoned yet to leave a meassge, but I'm nervous! I asked my mom again, and she said she'll think about it because it takes probably 30 minutes to get tehre (I'll only be able to go there 2 days a week though)

I don't want to be rejected thinking I'm not old enough and irresponsible. I'm trying to figure out what to say.. I hate not talking to a real person and leaving a message.

If luck's on my side, I might be able to catch this opportunity and run with it!

:run:

Thanks, but it's ok :D.

I'll have to see even if they do have the current rabbits. Even if they don't, I don't mind cleaning up after anyone :d. Also, I'm not sure what TLC stands for? :?

Well, my mom says she's still thinking about it, but I think she's leaning towards not letting me.She said she didn't want to waste the30 minutes to get there, then her coming home and doing it all over again.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for any events with SARS or even any close ones with VRRA, because me going to volounteer at a shelter regularly is pretty much out of the question.

So irratating! :banghead

Okay, here are some things to tell your mom to help convince her to let you volunteer:

1. It builds responsability
2. It looks really good on a resume, and you'll have a much easier time finding your first job.
3. Scholarships and bursaries!! You absolutly MUST have volunteer work if you want even a chance at getting a good size scholarship/bursary.

I started volunteering around your age, and continued through high school, and I got tons of bursaries and scholarhips. I didn't have to pay for my first two years of school because of them. And they weren't given to me based solely on my grades either, they where B's and A's, but nothing spectacular. Even if you do have steller grades but no volunteer hours, they most likely will give the award to someone who has similar grades and has volunteered a lot.

I would stress to your mom about these three things. I definitly think it's very important to volunteer for those reasons. The most important being scholarships and bursaries.

--Dawn

Thanks!

Yes, My two brothers are doing their school grad portfolio (sp?) thing, and it needs x amount of hours for volounteer experience. I'll be sure to bring up those three points.

Thanks again!

You sound like a very responsible teenager!!

I am a high school teacher and work with a lot of young people. And after I read your thread I would say that I am impressed!

I think you need to go for it! Just the fact that you've been so persistant says a lot about you. Be patient with your mom, she just may need to work the trip over there into her schedule a little better. Maybe you could ask her if there woulf be a better time.

Unfortuantely, a lot of adults may underestimate young people. Could you get a few letters of reference from teachers or a pastor or something that you could take with you? or Pipp? It really might help.

Thanks!

The only problem is, she works weird hours and sometimes has to do the overnight shift and work overtime. She only has really two days off from woork, and she says she would drive me, but she has to drive my brother later to work on her days off and do grocerys and chores and stuff so she's too busy. She still hasn't said no, she says she still has to think about it, so I'm not sure.

I'll have to see how they react if I phone them, then I'll see about the letters.

Latest posts

Back