Wild grape vines and leaves?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Hi!

We have wild purple grapes growing on the side of our property in the trees. I looked around, but wanted to make sure that the leaves and vines were safe to give to rabbits. They aren't sprayed with anything.

Can I feed the leaves and vines fresh? Or do I have to age the vines?

Thanks!

I have no idea about grapes, vines, or leaves :p
But I do know that it's dangerous to give them to cats, dogs, and ferrets in any large-ish amounts because they're a little toxic to them (Raisins, too, since they come from grapes). I don't know how they are with bunnies, though. They may be just fine ;)

~Diana and Butter

Thank you!

I clipped some vines and leaves off today, and the bunnies really enjoyed them! Yay! Free chew toys and more food ideas.. they love the leaves!.... Until they start falling off!

I have some vines soaking in water, I would maybe like to see if I can bend them into little toys or weave them. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I just put them in a bowl with some water to see if they'd turn more bendable.

:ponder:

This is great to know, I hadn't even thought of grape vines. My Dad grows grapes and just happens to live right next door. I wonder if it matters what kind of grapes.

Does anybody know?

Joy

My mom has green grapes growing on her fence in the back yard. Her bun Nutmeg eats them, loves them actually, and my old bun Peter (who lived to be 13) ate them all the time too.

I'm not sure if the type matters or not either....

--Dawn

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't think so.. I haven't found anything online. The ones I've been giving to my bunnies I think are wild and purple. The bunnies really like the leaves!

This is great to know, I hadn't even thought of grape vines. My Dad grows grapes and just happens to live right next door. I wonder if it matters what kind of grapes.

Does anybody know?

Joy
It does not matter the grape, wild are edible as well. My bunny buds love when I go on a trimming spree!

Latest posts

Back