Wild baby rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaymas

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I haven't been on here in a very long time but I always come back and read things when I can but now I need your input.

So I found some baby bunny's under one of our bushes. I know mama is still around and feeding the babies. I haven't touched them (even though I really want to lol) or disturbed the nest in any way. I have some extra hay that my buns aren't eating. Can I put that out some where around the nest for them? I know their diets are very finicky but I don't know how finicky. And is there a way to see if mama bunny is for sure coming back without keeping watch for her?

Thanks!!

View attachment 1436818654067.jpg

I have rahabbed wild rabbits before, and that baby actually looks old enough to be on it's own. Best thing for it is just to leave it be. If you give it hay, it will learn to be dependent on you, even just a little bit, and if you move or don't continue to give it hay it will be vulnerable. Best just to adore it from a distance, even though it's hard.

I thought they looked old enough to be on their own! I actually came home from work today and they're gone :( but its good to know that for the future thanks :)

Glad to be able to ease your worries! They probably live near you so you may see more wild buns again, I know I sure saw plenty when I lived near them. :D

There nest is in our front garden! Its so exciting. Mama and babies ended up coming back and we got to watch them hop around and learn how to jump into the garden. It was so incredible to watch!

Latest posts

Back