Wild baby bunnies, I need your help....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystical

Reaction score
Our Daughter's friend was mowing a grown up yard in a lot near their home. She accidently mowed over a bunny. Our Daughter saw the ground still moving some and found 5 baby bunnies. They picked them up and wrapped them into a towel to check them out and make certain they were not cut also. They were not aware that they should have not handled them. They have been in her home in a box. I want to help her try to save them. Please give any and all suggestions as to how to keep them alive. I have called some vets, but I have not had any advice. They all say they will die. Surely there is something we can do. Their eyes seem to be open, they have hair, their ears are open and they are hopping some.

Handling them will NOT cause the mother to reject them. Mother rabbits only nurse for a few minutes a day (usually very early morning or late evening), so not seeing her around doesn't mean the nest is abandoned. Given that their eyes are open, they have fur and they're moving around, they stand a good chance for survival... but their best bet really is to put them back in the nest either exactly where it was found or in a slightly safer location very close to where they were found. They sound big enough to be nibbling on grasses and stuff, so they'll be able to get something in their tummies while waiting for mom to come back.

Latest posts

Back