Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elentari

Reaction score
Hey y'all I saw this article today where 275 rabbits and bunnies were found in a hoarding situation. They need homes to go to and the rescue needs help. If you're in the area or can drive out please do.

I hope people nearby are willing to help out.

My 'favorite' rabbit of all came from such a situation-- rescued from a hoarder. Animal Planet did a follow-up show on Animal Rescue Heroes-Phoenix and our rabbit was featured to show the 'happy ending' story for him.

This is just a snippet from the show:

@elentari , location of 275 rabbits? As I understand, WI HRS often steps up to assist in hoarding cases. Spay and neutering and vaccinating also now that RHVD2 has been discovered in domestics in western WI.

Rescues working so hard to help whom they can!

@Blue eyes , I will check out the video!

Like you, my cherished harlequin companion was involved in a rescue-type situation. However, the shelter was taking in 185 cats from a hoarder. My forever-cherished gal with tattoo in her ear and captured as a stray was moments away from a euthanization injection when I came across her at the shelter, on the euthanization room floor. Staff felt she had ringworm and kennel staff had so much going on, it would be easier to terminate her life.

I took her out for second opinion wrt the bare spot on her cheek. It was not ringworm. The shelter did apply flea treatment as she came in with fleas.

@elentari, I stay in touch with several shelter volunteers and rescue humans in various parts of the country. Hoarding cases are often mentioned.

Latest posts

Back