Why would he pee on my bed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtzchick

Reaction score
Since I had Peter neutered back in October, he's been amazing and hasn't done anything remarkably bad. Today he peed on my bed and it was really odd. I usually leave him in my room for hours and he sleeps on the bed. I think when my boyfriend moved the duvet on the bed, he jumped across the and maybe that's when he peed. Would it have been out of fear, he's usually pretty jumpy at quick movements. :\ Is it possible that maybe he was jealous of the new ferret... For me it was just a little out of his character.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated :)

It's possible he just got a little spooked... I remember Peter's neutered.

Is Penelope allowed in your room? It could be that he's got a little sibling envy.

I always found that even if my rabbits don't pee elsewhere, they LOVE to pee on the bed... It smells so strongly of people they just get offended and try to cover it up I guess.

It's really weird though because he hasn't peed on it since late September and he's been sleeping on it to a large extent these past couple of months. I do sometimes take Penelope out and keep her on my lap on the bed but she's always wrapped up in a blanket and napping.... hmm... maybe.

Thanks for the reply!

My rabbits are litterbox trained but for some reason when I put them on my bed they pee too. LOl. I don't know why unless their marking their territory.

thats SO wierd. He literally is on my bed for HOURS usually..... guess it was different this time. It's a shame because usually when I have him out I put him in my room and leave him there while I have my ferret out in the other room with the doors closed. MAYBE I should trust him again, or not for a while?

LOL nancy, I am just as surprised as you !

Latest posts

Back