Why my rabbit become so aggrasive

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snjymutiara

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i am tiara from Indonesia. I wanna ask why my rabbit become so naughty lately, he always pee and poop everywhere, and bite my finger so hard when i try to clean his pee.
Before he always be a good boy, pee and poop in his litter box. He turn 5 month old this january. Can someone tell me what cause my rabbit become so naughty? (Im sorry if there any grammar mistake, im still learn how to speak english. Thank you)

He probably is not neutered and his adult hormones are kicking in. Neutering ( getting him fixed) will help a lot. I think you can get them fixed after they are 6 months old at least.

Right, he is in puberty. that phase will go on for some months, when grown up his litter habits quite likely return. If there are any other rabbits around, this can be more difficult - my house bunny is an intact buck and he has a spayed girl as partner, at some times of the year there is some spraying to mop up. My previous (grown up) buck was alone in my house for about half a year and had very good litter habits. So neutering or not is not the main thing here, at least not with single males, females are a different matter as far as I can tell.

He probably is not neutered and his adult hormones are kicking in. Neutering ( getting him fixed) will help a lot. I think you can get them fixed after they are 6 months old at least.
Yes, my rabbit has not been neutered. Because cost problem, neutered rabbits here are quite expensive around 90$ In Indonesia, but thank you for the information you give to me🥰🥰, I hope my rabbit can get neutered soon.

Right, he is in puberty. that phase will go on for some months, when grown up his litter habits quite likely return. If there are any other rabbits around, this can be more difficult - my house bunny is an intact buck and he has a spayed girl as partner, at some times of the year there is some spraying to mop up. My previous (grown up) buck was alone in my house for about half a year and had very good litter habits. So neutering or not is not the main thing here, at least not with single males, females are a different matter as far as I can tell.
My rabbit only rabbit i have in house, but he always spraying his pee to mom and my sister 😓. So im scared that he will be like that. I hope he get be a good boy again, thank you the information you give to me, i really appreciate it🥰🥰🥰

Spraying pee is hormonal too and should stop after he's neutered. Bear in mind that if you do get him neutered, it can take several weeks before his hormones completely dissipate. So don't expect to see an instant change. It may take a few weeks after his surgery.

I noticed you are seven hours ahead of me.
I wondered how the weather is where you are?
I noticed a change in behavour around christmas. It was cold weather and the heating had been on.
The buck started mating with the doe.20221225_114418.jpg

I noticed you are seven hours ahead of me.
I wondered how the weather is where you are?
I noticed a change in behavour around christmas. It was cold weather and the heating had been on.
The buck started mating with the doe.View attachment 63371
the weather here is very cold because it is entering the rainy season, and the temperature these days is below 30°C so it feels very cold because usually the temperature is above 30°C

Spraying pee is hormonal too and should stop after he's neutered. Bear in mind that if you do get him neutered, it can take several weeks before his hormones completely dissipate. So don't expect to see an instant change. It may take a few weeks after his surgery.
Alright, I'll remember this well. Thank you very much for the information 🥰.

the weather here is very cold because it is entering the rainy season, and the temperature these days is below 30°C so it feels very cold because usually the temperature is above 30°C
Thankyou for the reply.
How do you heat your home if you do heat your home?
I am wondering if the hot radiators warming the room up were the cause of the change in behaviour in my pet rabbits eg scuffling the rugs up.

Latest posts

Back