Why is Whinny biting/chewing Weezy's neck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bransworld

Reaction score
It seems that Whinny bites or chews on the back of Weezy's neck. It doesn't appear to hurt Weezy or anything but i have noticed Weezy's fur gets matted on the back of her neck pretty quickly.

Is Whinny just grooming Weezy?

Thanks in advance....

It sounds like over zealous grooming behavior. Do these buns get a lot of out of cage exercise time?
Also do they have a lot of room in their living situation (cage , x-pen etc). Exercise and more innovative toys might help this situation as Weezy could eventually get injured by the constant biting. Weezy may be the passive bun and just submitting to something he doesn' really enjoy.

Are these 2 males ? Are they neutered. Does it ever look like aggression ?

They are both females, and are not spayed yet. They are still a little too young for that. There does not seem to be any aggression ever.

They have a pretty big cage but i am redoing it this weekend. And they probably don't get enough out of cage time. But that will be changing as well.

I will keep monitoring them and hopefully the cage changes and the out of cage time changes will help.

And of course their spaying will be getting scheduled soon.

Yeah, it can be hard for a bonded pair to stay bonded through puberty. Females can be pretty territorial. A lot of times a humping bunny will hold on to the bunny they're humping by the hair at the back of the neck, pulling it out with their teeth. As long as there's no skin biting or irritation, it's ok, but keep an eye out.

Latest posts

Back