Why is my rabbit digging at me and biting my clothes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can not love your bunnies personalities. My own doe would nip but she stopped and only chewed my pants. She destroyed countless of pants, silly me often forgot changing before I was going to spend time with her.

Thank god she stopped with chewing pants. She found out it work better to jump up onto me to get her attention. But I had to buy new pants, I know you can have pants with holes in them but I’m not into it.

Myself know the feeling when the bunny runs away from you while you want to cuddle with them. Had to wait a year until I could cuddle with Toste without being scared of being bitten by him and him running away and hiding. But at least I have 2 other cuddly bunnies, so I got my cuddle time from them instead.

So just have patience and take it slow, your bond with your bunnies will only become better [emoji5]

A picture of Toste on my lap:

IMG_6057.jpg

You can not love your bunnies personalities. My own doe would nip but she stopped and only chewed my pants. She destroyed countless of pants, silly me often forgot changing before I was going to spend time with her.

Thank god she stopped with chewing pants. She found out it work better to jump up onto me to get her attention. But I had to buy new pants, I know you can have pants with holes in them but I’m not into it.

Myself know the feeling when the bunny runs away from you while you want to cuddle with them. Had to wait a year until I could cuddle with Toste without being scared of being bitten by him and him running away and hiding. But at least I have 2 other cuddly bunnies, so I got my cuddle time from them instead.

So just have patience and take it slow, your bond with your bunnies will only become better [emoji5]

A picture of Toste on my lap:

View attachment 44523

ah your bunny is so cute... yes she is cleaver girl she has learnt that licks work better but only on my clothes I think skin must feel weird to them x

I have two rabbits that I take to nursing home to visit the elderly. I put them int cat beds and let people hold them on their laps. When my rabbits have been there a long time, they start digging in their beds. I take that as a sign that they need a break, and I give them a time out or take them home. I have another rabbit that will sit on my lap, but when she wants down, she chews on my clothing. I have not been able to break her of that habit, so I put her in an old blanket when I want to hold her. She will also latch onto my pant leg and pull it if I am not holding her and she wants to get my attention.

Latest posts

Back