Why is my bunny grumpy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parsnipandtoffee

Reaction score
My heart bunny Parsnip, is the cutest little manever, he is really loving and happy and loves nothing better than tocome out and play.

Over the past week though he's been a real grump, and quite nasty.Because of where my boys are we have to lift them out of the hutch,this has never bothered him before (he normally rattles the door, as ifto say "hey come and get me") but just recently if we go to the hutchhe squashes himself in the corner and puts his ears back, if you thentry to pick him up he nips you. If you persevere and get him out, he'sfine (after about 10 minutes of having lots of attention) Why is hebeing a grumpy boy?

He is 8 months old and has been neutered for about 4/5 months. Wehaven't done anything mean to him or changed anything recently. Heloves being fed by hand, if you put your hand in his house with pelletson his ears will go up and he'll munch away, when they're gone his earsgo down and he's Mr Grump again. Please can anyone shed light on hisbad temper?

I'm no expert but it sounds like hes being territorial now.

Most rabbits would prefer to come out of theircage on their own, as opposed to being picked up and broughtout. Maybe if you made him a ramp or some stairs, so he couldcome and go on his own, he would be more comfortable? I saygive it a shot. :)

Rosie*

Latest posts

Back