Why is her neck balding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, a month and a half ago I posted something about haru (balding) on her ear/neck area, she was 5 months old and i was told that she’s shedding her baby fur, and that her adult fur will grow.
It’s been close to two months, I never saw her actually shed, but her fur clearly changed, it’s a bit rougher than when she was younger, but that spot is the same!! It’s only on the back of her neck, it’s not a (bald) spot, but the fur there is alot less, i can clearly see her skin through, I couldn’t take a clear photo of it, it looks like before, but I feel like it spread a little, what could it be from? the skin looks okay, no redness no scabs no flakes, before i thought that it was mites but she's not itching as much as before. The photo is beside her ear, her neck is the same but the fur is less, I couldn’t take a picture, i can only see it when she’s eating cecotropes or grooming herself.387380CF-B24A-4049-B448-EA16999D02B9.jpeg

Can't tell anything from photo but it is pretty usual for the fur on the back of the neck to be thinner.
Now that she got her fur shaved, I can clearly see that it’s bald spots, it’s more than in the picture, but I can’t see it unless she’s grooming herself0C57C32B-A02C-4AB4-9B42-96B67535A437.jpeg

Latest posts

Back