Quantcast

Why is her neck balding

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, a month and a half ago I posted something about haru (balding) on her ear/neck area, she was 5 months old and i was told that she’s shedding her baby fur, and that her adult fur will grow.
It’s been close to two months, I never saw her actually shed, but her fur clearly changed, it’s a bit rougher than when she was younger, but that spot is the same!! It’s only on the back of her neck, it’s not a (bald) spot, but the fur there is alot less, i can clearly see her skin through, I couldn’t take a clear photo of it, it looks like before, but I feel like it spread a little, what could it be from? the skin looks okay, no redness no scabs no flakes, before i thought that it was mites but she's not itching as much as before. The photo is beside her ear, her neck is the same but the fur is less, I couldn’t take a picture, i can only see it when she’s eating cecotropes or grooming herself.387380CF-B24A-4049-B448-EA16999D02B9.jpeg

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't tell anything from photo but it is pretty usual for the fur on the back of the neck to be thinner.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Can't tell anything from photo but it is pretty usual for the fur on the back of the neck to be thinner.
Now that she got her fur shaved, I can clearly see that it’s bald spots, it’s more than in the picture, but I can’t see it unless she’s grooming herself0C57C32B-A02C-4AB4-9B42-96B67535A437.jpeg

Latest posts