why does brownie drink out of a bottle and bubbles drink out of a bowl?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_

Reaction score
I noticed brownie was dehydrated so I gave him a bottle and now brownie is hydrated. why does brownie opt for the bottle instead of the bowl?

I think it might have helped the irritation of his skin from the scabbing he had before his medication

So it this just a sudden change? Has he ever been offered a bottle before or is this the first time?

It could be he just doesn't like his chin getting damp from drinking from a bowl.

It was gradual after I first put it in his cage. He was drinking out of a bottle when he was a baby until I figured out that bowls are better

I guess just offer him both. Then he can pick which he likes and he'll keep himself hydrated. Who knows why a rabbit decides they like one way over the other. Usually they prefer the easiest to drink from, which is usually a bowl. But I guess that isn't always the case.

My boy Lucas was a rescue and obviously had only ever drank from a bottle, so when I brought him home, I kept the bottle for him, but added a water bowl. For months, he preferred the bottle, I'm assuming because it's what he knew, but he eventually started to prefer the dish. Now, he's all dish.

I'd say offer both, and he'll figure it out. The main problem with bottles is bunnies not drinking enough. My Lucas never had a problem with that; he'd drain a bottle! 😂 😂 But, he has learned that it's much easier for him to drink out of a dish!

Latest posts

Back