Why Do You Think Your Bun Thumps?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qtipthebun wrote:
Then she's got her "it's 3 am and nothing appears to be wrong but I'm thumping ever 20 seconds and hey look, I got your attention" thump that she'll sometimes do when we're at the house and she's in her NIC cage.ones.

Yup. This is I think what Archie was doing that day in the NIC cage too. Nothing was wrong but he felt the need to alert the media that he was there and.....yes.....nothing was wrong :p

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
Jenny, the thumping at people arguing on tv (especially news programs)is hysterical...as soon as the discussion heats up and they start talking over each other, Halo starts thumping and she keeps thumping until I change the channel.

Maybe she doesn't like confrontation :)

When my rabbit was nursing her babies, she would also thump to let them know it was time to nurse. And boy would they all come running :)

Very loud thump thump thump from under the bed = hey something scared me.

Running thump = pay attention to me. Hellooooooo I'm the rabbit give me a treat or a cheek rub.

katherine at sacred stories wrote:
Forgot to mention, Halo thumps when I wear something she hasn't seen before. She usually sees me in jeans. First time I wore a dress--thump, thump, thump:)

That's funny too!

On another note, do I see either Harvey or Halo in your avatar?? ;) are we gonna get to see some harvey and halo pics maybe!?!? ;)

Rascal and Appledot rarely thump. If they do, it seems to be a warning or "leave me alone!".

I started a fire in my fireplace for the first time last week, and Appledot started thumping like crazy. They both cowered at the other end of the room for a while... took them about an hour to get over it, now they'll stretch out a couple feet away like it's no big deal.

well last night...i was trying to sleep *cries* and murphy kept jumping in and out of bed and trowing toys around and being loud so i kenneled them and then she was trowing bowls around so i threw a book at the cage...bad me i know...and i got thumps all night and even this am when i opened the kennel

I ran out of my usual perfume a couple days ago. Hubby went and bought me some Victorias Secret stuff and when I can down stairs with it on today, Fern thumped 25-30 times. The only thing different that I could think of, was my perfume. She didn't seem to be impressed. Hope I get a better reaction out of hubby when he gets home tonight:biggrin2:

Alice

I've heard that changing perfume can irk them a bit because they tend to recognize you by scent sooner than they do visually when you approach them :p

grasspack wrote:
I ran out of my usual perfume a couple days ago. Hubby went and bought me some Victorias Secret stuff and when I can down stairs with it on today, Fern thumped 25-30 times. The only thing different that I could think of, was my perfume. She didn't seem to be impressed. Hope I get a better reaction out of hubby when he gets home tonight:biggrin2:

Alice

Lmao!!!

I love these stories. Hysterical :)

Kaelum thumps when you are disrupting him, or if you've made him mad.
For instance, tonight I picked him up for a quick cuddle and when I put him back in his cage, he thumped.

I don't think I've ever heard Dusty thump. He's just a happy little guy all the time.

My Big Bunny will only thump if he's truly freaked out. I can count on one hand the number of times he's done it.

Pip is definitely more of a scaredy bun, so he thumps whenever he gets nervous. I opened up my closet door, and he didn't like something about the smell or how much junk I had packed in there, so he ran off and thumped. Apparently I have a neat freak!

I actually got thumped at last night. I came into the bunny pen with some kiwi (one slice of it cut into 8 little rectangles) and sat down... Gaz was already dancing around my feet, but I was making her wait to eat some until Nala came down from the condo.

I called out in a sing-songy voice, "Nala... kiwi!" she sat up and looked at me... *sniff*... *sniff*... as she caught a little whiff, then *sniffsniffsniffsniffsniff* with her cute little nose twitching a mile a minute as she worked out what I had in my hand. deciding it was well worth coming down from the condo for, she jumped from the landing between the second and third floors down to the second floor... then *thumped*... then came out of the condo and rushed over for her treat. meanwhile, I'm sitting there asking "why are you thumping at me, you love kiwi!"

Jennifer, that is too funny! More proof that there is more to this thumping thing than just warning the warren like I thought :)

She was probably like, woohoo, kiwi!!!!

yeah, I LOVE when she gets excited over a smell, you can tell she's going crazy sniffing it out from halfway across the room. they have amazing senses of smell!

Latest posts

Back