Why did it have to snow now o.o

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
I am so annoyed the first snow came now, the outdoor bunnies and I was ready to pack up the winter fur and clothes. I was going to start helping my outdoor bunnies molting and now the snow came.

I’ve been looking forward since october to be able to take the bunnies in and cuddle with them a long time. But I had to wait until they got their summer fur, so they can stay indoors.

That plan went away this morning o.o

IMG_0092.jpg
IMG_0093.jpg

That’s true but I had wish for snow the whole November and December. I love spring because all the flowers coming up and the budding tree.

Just waking up to all the birds singing and feeling the warm sun come forward while melting away the frost of the grass. It’s something I love more than snow during a period where it will be between melting and staying :)

At least Lilja my french lop will love the snow.

Wow, it looks gorgeous! Sorry that your plans for the Spring got ruined though. Seems like this year, Mother Nature has been changing her mind up a lot lately. Over here in California, she's been pretty moody with the wind, heat and cold. Normally my winter is to the low 20's, but this year, that only occurred a few days and that was it. I normally have to protect my plants from the frost but only the banana trees took a hard hit this year, everything else was fine.

Wow, it looks gorgeous! Sorry that your plans for the Spring got ruined though. Seems like this year, Mother Nature has been changing her mind up a lot lately. Over here in California, she's been pretty moody with the wind, heat and cold. Normally my winter is to the low 20's, but this year, that only occurred a few days and that was it. I normally have to protect my plants from the frost but only the banana trees took a hard hit this year, everything else was fine.

That’s true just 5 years ago we always had snow when it was winter and it would start to melt at the end of february or mars. Not like the first snow come at the end of february.

It mess up the winter fur molting for my outdoor bunnies. Specially when it’s first a few warm weeks that later plump down to cold wether [emoji30]

Also during the day the snow will melt and during night it freeze so it creat ice under snow that come during the night.

@Hermelin Yeah! i know how mortifying it can be when you wait for true winter for all the months that the usual winter would be predicted to occur, but it comes when you already have your wishful thinking set on spring! Seems that Sweden is having these issues to deal with.Estonia over here suffers from foul weather too. Mommy nature has teased us with snow before in november, only to never come in december. And when finally february came and temps went to +7C, i was already hoping that true winter would just be on hiatus this season. Bada bim bada boom, snow and negatives arrived two days ago. I was really hoping for a chance to let my french lop play in the snow, but nooooo. It's melting already, so we'll have +7C on sunday again.

Attachments

• 15829035977774886883370227116063.jpg
    15829035977774886883370227116063.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 5
@Hermelin Yeah! i know how mortifying it can be when you wait for true winter for all the months that the usual winter would be predicted to occur, but it comes when you already have your wishful thinking set on spring! Seems that Sweden is having these issues to deal with.Estonia over here suffers from foul weather too. Mommy nature has teased us with snow before in november, only to never come in december. And when finally february came and temps went to +7C, i was already hoping that true winter would just be on hiatus this season. Bada bim bada boom, snow and negatives arrived two days ago. I was really hoping for a chance to let my french lop play in the snow, but nooooo. It's melting already, so we'll have +7C on sunday again.

Just feel bad for the bunnies, when I notice them to start molting to summer coat but instead the temp drops again. Even though just a small patch start molting. My outdoor bunnies need to go through more molting than necessary if the weather didn’t play them.

The snow was melting yesterday, I nearly slipped multiple times because of the ice glazing the road. And during the night new snow came again. So it’s really playing with me. I don’t want to fracture my tailbone, which I did a few years ago when it was iced roads. Winter shoes won’t help at all, you need shoes that have spikes under them to even walk safely on the road.

The whole January and February the temp during the day was around 7-10 C and the whole supposed to be winter have only been rain and blowing cold wind. Before the snow came many places in the town had trouble with water overflowing from the stream. So the church had to build up mounds to not get water into the church.

The weather can no longer be predicted but at least my french lop Lilja love the cold and wet weather. She can spend hours out in the rain getting soaking wet while sleeping. So when she see me going out to lock her in, a wet klutz come running with muddy paws to leave nice marks on my clothes while pressing her head up to my face. I have still have not gotten the wet dog stench from her. Have no idea how she can still smell like a wet dog.

She’s such a spoiled lady, when the water get cold she won’t drink it even though it’s not frozen. So I need to chance her water often just so she can drink her lukewarm water [emoji19]

While Toste it’s a good boy staying out from the rain and drink his water even though it’s cold.

Latest posts

Back