Why can't people take no for an answer?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
I drive a school bus for a local company. I LOVE my job. One of the drivers also works for the local school district. She called me 4 days before the end of the school year last year wanting me to work for the school. I turned her down saying that it wasn't worth it for 4 days left...and it would mess with unemployment too much...and I cannot afford for that to happen. I depend on it during the summer when we are out of work and no one wants to hire for just 3 months....they'd rather have college kids.

So anyways this morning my phone rings...it's that driver. She is asking me again. I told her thank you for thinking of me but right now I just cannot do it. My life is upside down with my husband switching contracts and now being gone for long periods of time. My kids need me at home some of the time now that it's just mom home. She tells me, but it's only occasionally. Maybe only one day a week. I told her again no thank you. I explained that there just is no way I can do it, plus that amount will be enough to make them question the unemployment come June. Meaning I might make 80 bucks all year and then come summer time unemployment will deny me because I worked for a school district and I will go 3 months without any income.

She kept on at me till I finally had to just say....I said No thank you. And I hung up. So now of course there are going to be issues at work. Why can't people just take no for an answer? Why do they have to pester and pester and pester......and yet there are at least 2 other drivers who would willing take this and she won't ask them. No she has to keep at me....I just don't get it.

Human nature dictates if you ask long enough, the person will get fed up and finally say yes. She is of that opinion. If there are some people at work that would be willing to do this job, I would turn the table on her and get them to phone her. If you don't want the job and it will mess up your unemployment, stand firm and maybe even block her calls.

Her phone number is now saved into my phone...I won't be answering it again that's for sure. I just was soo aggravated...I have enough stuff going on without her adding to it.

LOL agreed there....she's almost old enough to be my mother (I'm 40y/o) and she hasn't got a clue......I'm just under mega stress right now and I am afraid if she calls again and I answer I might just say a few things that I normally wouldn't.

Latest posts

Back