Why are Robbie's poops so dark?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
Robbies poops have gotten alot bigger since he was Sick , but they are still very dark and some egg shaped large ones .
He's eating alot and also I found some cecotrobes that he hadn't eaten .
Why is that?

If you feed greens and grass like in your profile picture dark poops are normal. It's a hay diet that makes them less dark. Eating more of that makes them bigger too.
Excess cecotropes usually is an indicator for a too rich diet, like too many pellets.
What is his diet?

Sometimes, they miss the cecotropes. It's happened. As for his main poops, do you have a picture?
I will post one just before I clean his litter box
If you feed greens and grass like in your profile picture dark poops are normal. It's a hay diet that makes them less dark. Eating more of that makes them bigger too.
Excess cecotropes usually is an indicator for a too rich diet, like too many pellets.
What is his diet?
He has 3 cups of greens , 1/2 cup of pellets and fresh forage and grass often .

They didn't know much about rabbits it seemed. They only cared about that he was stressed at the vet and so was breathing weirdly , but didn't really care about him not eating and just told me " You will just have to syringe feed him"

Sometimes, they miss the cecotropes. It's happened. As for his main poops, do you have a picture?
They are a little less dark then they were but still pretty dark.

Attachments

• IMG20210505195302.jpg
    IMG20210505195302.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 12
They are a little less dark then they were but still pretty dark.
That looks to be about the same color as Xiao Wu's and Tu Shen's poops. Xiao Wu's poops started turning darker after I began feeding her greens. Because she alternates between her hay and greens, sometimes there would be lighter colored poops in her box.

That looks to be about the same color as Xiao Wu's and Tu Shen's poops. Xiao Wu's poops started turning darker after I began feeding her greens. Because she alternates between her hay and greens, sometimes there would be lighter colored poops in her box.
Okay so is in normal? Sometimes he seems like he's going to poop then he doesn't . And he sits there for like 3-4 minutes with his tail up.

Okay so is in normal? Sometimes he seems like he's going to poop then he doesn't . And he sits there for like 3-4 minutes with his tail up.
The tail lifting is nothing to do with pooping. They lift their tail to urinate. Sometimes when they have gas pain or other abdominal pain they have that stance too. You really need to cut down on greens and pellets and get him to eat lots of hay.

The tail lifting is nothing to do with pooping. They lift their tail to urinate. Sometimes when they have gas pain or other abdominal pain they have that stance too. You really need to cut down on greens and pellets and get him to eat lots of hay.
Okay! He's eating tons of hay

Latest posts

Back