Why are my buns so chill?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheresaR

Reaction score
We just added a bun mate for our male bunny. They have both been fixed and are sweet and loving toward each other, but I expected them to be more....I don't know, excited? Playful? They were bonded at the rescue we got her from, and have only been in our home for a few days. There is plenty of room in their play area (4x7ft) for them to frolic about, but they mostly just eat and cuddle. Is this normal? Meet Bandit and Bama <3
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
They’re probably still just getting used to their surroundings, which can take a while. And also depends on their personalities.

My bunnies are pretty chilled out and just like to eat, nap, groom and snuggle much of the time. When my friends come to see them I do say not to expect much in the way of entertainment, they are just calm little souls.

Definitely don’t expect to get much excitement out of them during the middle of the day - mine settle down for their 6 hour snooze around midday. They tend to come to life and get properly active around 1am at the moment. Binkies and zoomies across my bed are cute, but I would prefer them during waking hours!

It might just be their personalities. My Fiona has always been a quiet girl. When I first got her I thought she was just scared, nervous being in a new place but after 6 weeks she was still the same quiet reserved girl. She is free range but has always remained in her little corner near her litterbox and house. When I brought home Oliver to be her mate she was also the same way. I thought because he was so outgoing and inquisitive that it might bring Fiona out of her shell too. We've had him now for 4 months and Fiona has only recently started coming out of her corner to play in our bedroom across the the hall. I don't think she's ever going to be real curios or want to explore the house. I think she's just a more laid back cautious bunny.

Keyword "They have only been in our home for a few days." Rabbits fight over territory "premium grass lands in which to feed (aka the hay box)" if both rabbits are so new they don't feel like they own the place, there is nothing to fight over. Enjoy the calm.

We just added a bun mate for our male bunny. They have both been fixed and are sweet and loving toward each other, but I expected them to be more....I don't know, excited? Playful? They were bonded at the rescue we got her from, and have only been in our home for a few days. There is plenty of room in their play area (4x7ft) for them to frolic about, but they mostly just eat and cuddle. Is this normal? Meet Bandit and Bama <3
View attachment 52923
IMG_1191.JPG
OMGOSH so cuuuute!!! is the black/white one named Bandit? or the brown one? 'Cause I have a black/white bun name Bandit too! your buns' floppy ears are so adorable!!

Latest posts

Back