Why all the bunnies on CL suddenly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoragrl

Reaction score
I commonly check my local Cragislist to see if there are any rabbit or cat related questions I can help with and because I like looking at the pictures. I just checked my local one today and there are 7 rabbits on it today alone! This isa huge increase compared to the normal 1-2 rabbits I see posted a week.

What on earth could be causing this increase? I guess it could be one person posting all the bunnies that are on there today but I don't know. I'm worried about the fate of all the bunnies on there now with it being so close to Easter.

I know that a lot"non bunny lovers"get rid of their older bunnies around easter time,so they then go and buy a cute little baby bunny...which is just plain wrong!

Cheryl

There are always tons of buns on the main internet CL type sites in Canada. I know my website has been posted on their a couple times by people, and I've recieved dozens of requests to surrender rabbits for days on end. So many people impulse buy rabbits, and then don't want them. Others are kids pets, and the kids are going away to College and can't take them, others don't want to deal with behaviour issues. It never ceases to amaze me. and as Cheryl said too, a lot of people try to get rid of their older buns and sick ones too. I've had a lot of people want to surrender rabbits to me because they have some kind of illness (whether mild or severe) and they don't want to care for them anymore. It's really really sad :(

I dont know. I just saw it too - makes me wonder about the dumper who left so many at the HSMO not so long ago.

I'm up to my elbows with Save A Bunny again so I'm not even going to email about any of those to see whats going on. That himi one is gorgeous though.

The posts look like they are all the same person to me. . . . .

Up to your elbows with save a bunny??? What's up?

Leaf wrote:
I dont know. I just saw it too - makes me wonder about the dumper who left so many at the HSMO not so long ago.

I'm up to my elbows with Save A Bunny again so I'm not even going to email about any of those to see whats going on. That himi one is gorgeous though.

I am finding it harder and harder to read craigslist now, I am sssssssoooooooo tired of seeing all the reasons people are getting rid of animals. some are down right sad, like we got a new puppy and dont have time for the rabbit??????????????? What the heck did they get a dog for if they dont have time for thier other animals? ugh dont get me started,lol

I'm not exactly sure of the numbers yet, but Marcy says they're getting in approx 29 rabbits in the next day or two.

Some are pretty bad off and some will be HARD to place because of the lack of space overall and due to their medical problems or conditions.

I think a few of them are very similar to my boys with splays and she needs them to go somewhere.

*sigh*

OMG Leaf! The women who Henri came from is back on there!!!! The exact same picture that she sent me and told me it was Dutts. . . . . .

Ahh I've noticed the same thing on CL - makes me sad because most of them are free, or cheap - and ppl are going to get them for Easter then just end up dumping them again later on. I kept posting info and the link to the "make mine chocolate" campaign on CL but my posts just kept getting flagged and deleated. :grumpy:

cheryl wrote:
I know that a lot"non bunny lovers"get rid of their older bunnies around easter time,so they then go and buy a cute little baby bunny...which is just plain wrong!

Cheryl

[align=center]That IS so horribly wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigtears: :bigtears: :bigtears:[/align]

momofmany wrote:
cheryl wrote:

Cheryl

[align=center]That IS so horribly wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigtears: :bigtears: :bigtears:[/align]

Yep..it's sad.....I was speaking to the lady who is the SA(South Australia)rabbit rescue lady....she told me that she gets in more bunnies just before easter,and even more after easter....it's the worst time of year for these poor little critters.

And also like Trailsend said in her post about people getting rid of their bunnies because they have an illness....Sally the rabbit rescue lady gets these poor little guys in all the time...people just dump them when that bunny needs them the most...ugh..it's just cruel!

Cheryl

i know! just listen:

"This Bunny needs a new home, Nobody gives him much attention, the other bunny is the favorite, give me a message and come give him some love, he wants your house as his new home."

This is all really sad.

I don't even want to think about what people around here are going to do with their rabbits. There are no shelters that take rabbits anyone around here...and no fosters, or anything. :(

angoragrl wrote:
OMG Leaf! The women who Henri came from is back on there!!!! The exact same picture that she sent me and told me it was Dutts. . . . . .

I saw that, and wondered about the picture she posted. I emailed her and she sent me a few links of adults and babies she has.

Have you seen the buck flemish on there that another person is wanting to trade for a doe?

Leaf wrote:
angoragrl wrote:

I saw that, and wondered about the picture she posted. I emailed her and she sent me a few links of adults and babies she has.

Have you seen the buck flemish on there that another person is wanting to trade for a doe?

I have now! He is HUGE!!!

010108010301011601200803025616910526306c8fcf001a9f.jpg

THAT is what I want!

angoragrl wrote:
Leaf wrote:
angoragrl wrote:

I have now! He is HUGE!!!

010108010301011601200803025616910526306c8fcf001a9f.jpg

THAT is what I want!

Isn't he awesome?

I emailed her about him yesterday. I don't have a trade but offered to *gulp* buy him.

She said she absolutely has to be rid of him ASAP due to space issues and asked if $15 would be too much to ask of me for him.

Our goal was to meet tomorrow but we're supposed to get 7.5 inches of snow (give or take of course) starting after midnight tonite. She has already emailed me saying if the weather causes any trouble for tomorrow not to worry she'll hold him for me - this week she has to buy horse medicine and will be in my area so things will work out perfectly.

I'm excited, but don't want to get my hopes up too high in case everything falls apart. I*hate* the waiting game.

Oh man! I'm coming for a visit! Seriously, if you get this boy, I HAVE to come see him. I have never seen a 25 lb rabbit up close and I would love to see Holiday and Fiesta again anyway.

Leaf, I CANNOT believe you are getting that gorgeous guy I am so jealous! I saw that ad and showed my hubby and begged and begged. But I didn't push too hard since I figured that she only wanted a trade, not a sale.

But that's ok anyway, I won't be too mad at you ;)

I don't really like to buy anyway and have my sights currently set on a boy at the Humane Society. Just waiting to get a clean bill of health on Charlie and then....I think he'll be mine!

Best of luck with your new boy, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the pain in the neck weather holds off for you guys.:goodluck

Latest posts

Back