Who shows rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope to venture into the world of showing rabbits if/when I get a litter of silver martens (Erica is due this weekend). Even if you don't have any show rabbits, you should go to a rabbit show - rabbit people are the best! Plus, you will get to looks and ooh and aww at rabbits all day and not have one person give you a weird look lol.

Jenniblu wrote:
I hope to venture into the world of showing rabbits if/when I get a litter of silver martens (Erica is due this weekend).
Oh - I bet you're so excited about Erica! I know I would be. I hope Zatch gets a chance to see the little sweeties once they're born....lionheads love babies - even when the babies aren't theirs!

Do let us know how many she has and how it goes!

Peg

Hey, Jenniblu, do you have any pics of your Erica, or another Silver Marten? I am not sure what they look like, the name sounds really pretty though! LOL

Alphonzo

ericashow2.JPG

Erica

Not the best pictures of a silver marten, but ... They were originally bred as a fur/food rabbit. The fur is a deep dark black color with white-silver markings: eye circles, ear lacing, belly, underside, etc. There are other color varieties besides black like chocolate and blue.

Oh Jenniblu - I love your rabbit photo. The 'tweebs (Netherland dwarf brothers) are black silver marten patterned NDs....plus I have a black silver martern (patterned) lionhead here and am getting another one from California to use in my breeding program!

I can see why you love them so much - even though I know nothing about their personality!

Peg

I show and breedtop-of-the-line Chocolate Dutches and Black Dutches. I own the best Chocolate Dutch out of three-four counties.She is my pride!

Well, my chin MR buck got BOSV on the 19th, and the judge said my light grey Flemish Jr buck, a son of Benjamin, shows a lot of promise just needs to grow up a little more. I can agree with that, at the time of the show he was not even four months old yet, so I think he held up pretty good next to the other Jrs, most of which were a month or so older than him. I am keeping him to take his father's place as herd buck. I can't wait until he is old enough to breed, I have a doe just waiting for him! She has a big broad head on her, especially for a doe, and that is one of the things I especially breed for. I love that look.
Other than that, my Sr MR castor doe got DQ'd for a runny nose she didn't even have when I loaded her up, and my black Jr MR doe got DQ'd for being a half pound overweight. Darn it. Oh, well.

We are starting out with Himalayans. My husband wants to get involved but he wants to show dwarf hotot. I am a little hesitant because I hear they are hard to breed...

We show our holland lops, polish dwarfs and flemish giants. Just got a couple mini rex so might show them too...

Well we went to our first show and hubby has decided to show holland lops. I am glad. They are too cute.

Hi I am new to this forum. My name is Berlena and I raise Mini Rex in So. CA. I am focusing on Blue Eyed Whites but also do REW, and many other incidental varieties. I am planning on getting Sable Points.

I am in rabbits for the shows! Also breeding for the shows.:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back