Who is horse crazy like me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horselvrkc

Reaction score
I am really animal obsessed, my mom yells at me because I want animals all the time, but my favorite animal is HORSES! I ride and I love showing. I am leasing a pony named Frisbee. He is 13.2 hands high. Does anyone else love riding?

oops. I'm just plain ole crazy :p
I do love riding, but it has been awhile. I've never done th show/jumping etc type, just lazy trail rides, but do love it. :)

~Sealy

I used to compete in hunters/jumpers and was schooling up to 3'9" on a horse I was bringing off an injury. Sadly the horse was sold and I stopped riding right after that. Now 4 years later I got back into riding by working at a show barn under a grand prix rider. I was the one that was left behind to clean the barn and exercise the horses when they were gone or too busy to do it. Talk about a dream job -- being paid to ride insanely nice/expensive horses!

I love mybunnies, but horses will always be my first love.

I am - I have ridden for the past 7 years and just recently started loaning a horse which is has been my dream for years - and honestly it is like a dream come true!:D I just love everything about horses, riding out in the country, completing, tackling big fences, mucking out and grooming them and just spending time on the ground with them. They are such amazing animals!

Just this evening I took Smokey (my loan horse) for a trip around the gallops then just spent about half an hour sitting in his stable with him and I honestly can't say what I enjoyed more - the riding or just the hanging out. He is such a friendly horse, and he makes me laugh so much! He has already learned how to drink out my drinks bottle on his own.:rofl:

Here is my big guy.:biggrin2:

Smokey.jpg

Smokey5.jpg

I LOVE horses. I rode western pleasure for 8 years back in New York. I then moved to Arizona in September of '05 and had to stop riding because I don't know anyone here with horses...and I am not at a time in my life where I can afford to lease.

I really want to take classes at the community college for horse training, but in order to do so....you need your own horse. Arggg, there goes one of my dream jobs.

Someday, though, I will hopefully own my own horse.

i love horses and riding too. i've owned 2 miniature horses and has several ponies and hacks too. i love your pony's name lol it's cute, what breed is he? i've had welsh mountains, thoroughbreds, and standardbreds :)

i wonder what my ludo would think of a horse? probably terrify him senseless lol :shock:

I've always loved horses; they were my first passion in life. However, I've also always been a city girl (not by choice) so have never owned one, nore have I ever learned how to ride properly. Have gone on trails every so often at local stables, and when I was a teenager made friends with some kids who lived on a farm/campground. But even with next to no experience around horses, I can say I've been bitten, stepped on, bucked off, knocked over, and even chased at one time or another. However, the scariest experience I ever had happened when I was around 16, and my friend and I were visiting the kids in the country who owned horses. Their dad ran a campground, the horses were an afterthought who spent most of their days either in the barn on the hill, or out in a back field somewhere. The dad was crazy enough to let us go and ride the horses unsupervised, and even though one of us could have wound up killed (boy, my dad would've been so mad at me if that'd happened), we had the time of our lives there. One afternoon we decided to take the horses out for a ride, and I happened to be riding my favorite (Carrie, the love of my life back then) bareback. All was going well until I heard one of the owner's kids shout, "Look out! Romeo's loose!!" Romeo was - well, a romeo. He was being boarded there for the summer, and he was a young stallion, raring to find his Juliet. Unfortunately, I happened to be riding the one mare on the property. Before I really had time to even register what had been shouted, I heard horse hooves galloping up behind me, then I felt a 'thud' as something hit Carrie. I turned around on her back to see and there was Romeo...or rather, there was Romeo's face -- right in mine. All I remember now is seeing that huge nose, and one enormous set of teeth lashing out at my shoulder. Can't say I'd ever been stuck in the midst of a love triangle before, and I wasn't about to start then. I had no idea what to do, so I did the only thing I could think of...I drew back and punched Romeo in the face. And surprisingly, it worked. He backed off long enough that I was able to get Carrie to take off, and that she did...we were halfway across the farm before Romeo realized she was gone. (Funny how one suddenly knows how to ride when sheer terror sets in. ;)) In retrospect, I did feel badly for punching Romeo, but at least I do still have two shoulders...makes wearing shirts a whole lot easier...

I do have to say though, one of the best scents ever created is that of a horse's neck. Anytime your're feeling sad, or lonely, or just want some sort of comfort, bury your face in a horse's neck, and just *smell*... Pure heaven.

Bassetluv wrote:
I do have to say though, one of the best scents ever created is that of a horse's neck. Anytime your're feeling sad, or lonely, or just want some sort of comfort, bury your face in a horse's neck, and just *smell*... Pure heaven.

Too true, I love the horsey smell! It is so comforting. I especially love the smell of foals - they smell so clean!:D

My family think I am so weird though - they think horses stink!:disgust:

:wave:

Been riding for four and a half years, I don't own or lease but take riding lessons every two weeks (it's for a day thing, 6 hours). I don't own him, but I'm insanely in love with one of the horses there.

MVI_1167_0001.jpg

Rexy. :inlove:
I know I'm not the best rider, or jumper, and neither is Rex. Actually, he can probably only jump up to the height of a straight bar of that jump. And I was trying my best to actually get him to jump it, not go through it, but anyway, he's still pretty. :)

Rachel.

I am allergic to them, but do visit regularly, some rescue horses I was involved with when their slaughter bound tractor trailor fell over just outside of town.

I was involved rescue-wise, if that didn't come out clearly above.

Most survived and are housed here in town, where I live. :)

Aww thank you!:DI have to admit that I don't really like grays, yet somehow my favourite horses/ponies are always grays!;)It's quite funny because Smokey is in a field with the other geldings, including 2 grays. Yet even from far away I can tell which one is him, the fat one, covered in mud, andstuffing his face with grass!:rofl:

Once you know the horses, it's easy to tell seemingly identical horses apart.

When I first started working at this newbarn this summer, they had 5 greys outside in the top pens. Well I had to wait for someone to come help me bring them insidebecause I couldn't tell them apart, LOL. After a couple weeks though, I could tell every single one of them apart, even if you had put them all in the same pasture together (show barn, no horses are allowed to be in a pen together).

I LOVE horses! I've been riding horses for 8 years. I used to volunteer at a therapeutic *I think I spelt it wrong* lol But anyways all the places where I used to ride they hold be back soo much for doing tons of things that I wanted to do.

But now I'm working for a harness racing trainer/driver and I LOVE it! And the good part is even though I'm not taking lessons I still get to ride horses, because they have a few riding horses there so I still ride. But anyways I'm saving money to buy my own horse anyways so I can do anything what I want to do and I won't have to take lessons. :)

How did I not see this thread earlier??? Oh yeah, been awhile since I've gotten to come here...

I have a lot of horses :) Most of mine are miniatures. I have a WIDE range in size, from my 28" mini stallions to my 16.1" thoroughbred (and my 2 y/o Friesian isn't quite that tall, but she is BIGGER than him!).

I started off jumping, then did a little dressage, then back to jumping for years. For the past several years it's just been trail riding, and combined driving (with the minis). Then before it got too stinkin' hot, went back to jumping lessons on my rocky mtn, but I recently sold him.

But I just bought a new girl (haflinger/welsh) who I will be showing in jumping and eventing, I can't wait!!!! She'll get here SOMETIME next week (she's in SC) and I just can't WAIT to have her here! :) Already have shows planned out ;)

You can see pics of all except the new girl at my website, www.CheyAutRanch.com (Matastar is the one who is sold, need to update my website!)

Jessi

Nice horses!!!

I love horses but only know that one end bites and the other kicks LOL! Just kiddin!

My best friend is mad about horses and has ridden most of her life. She has just emigrated to Bulgaria. She bought the house and acres and acres of land four years ago and is going to run a riding center/B&B over there.

I can't wait to visit next year, no daubt the whole place will be a veritable hive of activity.....one could say a bit like Noahs arc! She is planning a managery including horses, goats, foal and a couple of dogs and cats!

sarah x

Since I got my camera working, here are some picks of frisbee and I in the ring!!

Here we are cantering:

Frisbeeweddingandriley002.jpg

Here we are trotting:

Frisbeeweddingandriley004.jpg

And trotting again!

Frisbeeweddingandriley005.jpg

I love Fris so much!!! He needs A LOT of training though!!!!:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back