Who Is Buck Jones?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To those that didn't know Buck,

This is one of the things he said to me in a private email he sent me on June 17, 2005. (He died 2 days later.)

"I skim over the forum occasionally and see that most questions arehandled quite adequately by "strangers", whom I don't recognize; sothere is little reason to add my two cents."

He knew that the people coming here for help were in good hands.

:pray:

-Carolyn

By the Way,

Am I the Only One that thinks it's A Little Bit Odd that Pam Nock and Carl Lewis were both born on October 16th?

:ponder:

:bunnyangel::bunnyangel:

:kiss: :kiss:

Wow... I've never heard about Carl or "BuckJones" as he went by, but this post and all the affectionate thingsthat ppl have written really makes me want to search out his name andread some of the things he said. He sounds like he was such awonderful person.... (((HUGS))) to the Missus.

Sandra

3Bears wrote:
Wow... I've never heard about Carl or "Buck Jones" as hewent by, but this post and all the affectionate things that ppl havewritten really makes me want to search out his name and read some ofthe things he said. He sounds like he was such a wonderfulperson.... (((HUGS))) to the Missus.

Sandra

3Bears, Buck was truly one in a million, he really had a way of puttingthings, if you go over his old posts you will see what I mean, he wasand still is a real treasure to us all.

A gentle man who made me feel welcome right from the start and I willnever forget the day he said to me about friends and family and said heconsidered me one of the former, it made me smile the biggest smile atthe time, that's what he did, he just had a way that warmed you rightto the very core of your being.

Buck, as i'm finding out was very eloquent with his words. He was a teacher right? Did he ever write/publish anything?

It was in my Domestic Rabbits magazine that Ifound the article that Buck died. I didn't know him, but it mentionedthis website and that he went on it often. So I decided to check itout. When I first got on the site and saw the picture ofCarolyn I thought maybe that was buck because in the picture I thinkthey look a lot a like. And their names are very similar too.(I thoughtmaybe he went by Carl instead of Carolyn) Now it has all been clearedup for me. Sorry i never got to know him. I am enjoyingreading the posts on this site. It's nice to know there are so manypeople who are enjoying rabbits so much. I got my first rabbit when Iwas 7 yrs old. My Dad said he'd buy me a rabbit if I could learn to saymy r's correctly. I had to say Red Running Rabbit instead of wedwunning wabbit. I got my first rabbit at Christmas. It was acalifornian. I named her Taffy. After that I had a new rabbit aftereach one passed away. I had them until I was around 13. I have nowgrown up and have my own kids. Then out of the blue the rabbit bug bitme again and I am back into them! I have 5 mini rex. Anyway, sorry toramble.
I love all the photos too.
Thanks.

As someone has said he was 'One in a Million', and in my eyes still is.

Through is passing, this forum has become more of a family than ever before.

His passing affected all of us on the forum, as you can see from these threads

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8917&forum_id=1

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8569&forum_id=1

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8737&forum_id=1

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8682&forum_id=1

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8603&forum_id=1

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=8688&forum_id=1

As you can see, the power and strength of this forum, is amazing, notjust in bad times, but also in good times.

Buck is our guardian angel. He keeps an extra special eye on all ourdear lost little ones, until the day comes for all to be reunited.

I myself have a special section of my website, dedicated to Bucks tips,tricks and words of wisdom so that people can continue to learn fromhim even though he is no longer here in body (but he is here in spirit).

Bless you Buck, I never really got to know you, but I still miss your words of wisdom.

Carolyn wrote:
By the Way,

Am I the Only One that thinks it's A Little Bit Odd that Pam Nock and Carl Lewis were both born on October 16th?

Well, I do think "I'm" a little bit odd LOL I had originallyentered on my profile that my B-day was October 11. Duh --that's my hubby's B-day ;)

Pam

Buck Jones wrote:
Good luck! It is a nice thing you are attempting to do andwhat goes around, comes around. It'll come back at you insome nice manner, some how, some day. Fits in appropriatelywith the holiday season.

Glad you have decided to join and stay with us here on the forum. You are a welcomed and valued addition to the crew.

Buck
:tears2:

Jim, reading your post made me thinkback to what Buck had sent me in a private message once, and I justwent back then and read it and it just gave me comfort reading hiswords to me.

Amazing how one can touch another so much without evenpassing a single spoken word through their lips, but throughtheir words they can speak to your heart.

:purplepansy:

pamnock wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
By the Way,

?
?

Well, I do think "I'm" a little bit odd LOL? I had originally enteredon my profile that my B-day was October 11.? Duh -- that's my hubby'sB-day ;)

?

Pam

With all due respect, Doc Nock, you are a 'lil odd.

You don't really wanta be "normal", do you??

I don't think you'd be as funny; and I know you wouldn't've gotten into rabbits!

Heavens to Betsy! Anyone normal wouldn't pick rabbits!

:happybunny:

-Carolyn

I am stunned to hear of Buck'spassing. Absolutely speechless. What an incredibleloss but I hope that in the months that have passed his family havefound comfort in the fact that his suffering is now over.

I just stopped by after maybe a year away. Iwanted to see how The Night of the Lepus was for everyone this year. Ihad no idea I'd find such sad news.

I hope bumping this is OK. I'm just so sorry to learn about Buck'spassing. I know many of you were close with him. He was sucha funny, intelligent person. Very much a father figure of the RabbitsOnly forum I think.

My heart goes out to his dear friends and his family.

-Sarah

ariel wrote:
Jim, reading your post made me think back to whatBuck had sent me in a private message once, and I just went back thenand read it and it just gave me comfort reading his words to me.

Amazing how one can touch another so much without evenpassing a single spoken word through their lips, but throughtheir words they can speak to your heart.

:purplepansy:
I still feel this way, I guess I always will.

Latest posts

Back