Who Is Buck Jones?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean, Razz. I find myself thinking of him often, at times when I'm not even on the boards!

Even now, whenever I see a thread that has been pulled back up made byhim, my heart skips a beat. I still expect to see him here and miss himterribly.

I love what PGG did for me as my new avatar. Thanks PGG!! :kiss:

Carolyn wrote:
Lissa wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how did he get the nickname "Buck Jones"?

I had gotten him two movies. One was a silent film, another was a movieBuck Jones was in with John Wayne. Buck Jones actually saves The Dayfor John Wayne. Go Buck! Who else out there outshined John Wayne in awestern? I'd be hard pressed to come up with that answer.

-Carolyn
I love to watch the old cowboy movies!!

The AMC channel always has them on early Saturday and Sunday mornings.I keep hoping that they'll show some of Buck Jones's movies, but I haveyet to see one. I may have to breakdown and buy some of his movies onDVD or VHS.

I'm a fan of John Wayne so I'd really like to see the one with the twoof them in it. Do you know the name of that one, Carolyn??

~Jim

JimD wrote:
I'm afan of John Wayne so I'd really like to see the one with the two ofthem in it. Do you know the name of that one, Carolyn??
Range Feud (1931)

Buck Jones.......Sheriff Buck Gordon
John Wayne......Clint Turner

Buck Jones,was the best of the cowboysinthe 30's. John Wayne, playing the young guy in this movie,eventually Wayne's film character would be more like Buck's.

See you at the movies. :popcorn:

Rainbows! :)

Thank you, Carolyn, for putting this picture up on the forum!!!

When I view it - whew - all I can think of is "That's our Buck!!!"

He was so totally thrilled to pose onBuck Jones "Star" on theWalk of Fame!! Thank you for sharing this with everyone onthe Forum!!

I have always considered myself a decent amatuerwriter and I write stories, plays and books in my spare time just formy own enjoyment. A while ago the reminisents on this forumabout buck inspired me to write a particular story. NormallyI don't share my short stories, but I felt like I should share this onesince it was inspired by this man. Hope all who read it,enjoys it. Just try not to cry too much.

I had to convert the medium. Sorry if it isn't the easiest to read on notepad.

How Buck got his name!

Way back when Carl went on the forum, he thought about what he wouldcall himself. Our son, Eric, advised his father to not usehis real name.He thought"Buck" as in malerabbit would be appropriate. Since he was a young boy, Carlhad a fondness for Buck Jones, the late 30's early 40's cowboystar. So he added the Jones to Buck.............that's howBuck Jones was "born."

And that's the straight skinny!!!

Pet_Bunny wrote:
JimD wrote:
I'm a fan of JohnWayne so I'd really like to see the one with the two of them in it. Doyou know the name of that one, Carolyn??
Range Feud (1931)

Buck Jones.......Sheriff Buck Gordon
John Wayne......Clint Turner

Buck Jones,was the best of the cowboysinthe 30's. John Wayne, playing the young guy in this movie,eventually Wayne's film character would be more like Buck's.

See you at the movies. :popcorn:

Rainbows! :)

YeeHaw!! I done found a picture from Range Feud!!

Susan Fleming, Wayne, Jones, and William Walling

Maybe The Missus can lend you the copy I gave Buck, Jim. :dunno:

I don't suspect the movie will be shown often on the AMC channel, if ever.

-Carolyn

For you Aunty C

Already in avatar size

buckjonesstar2.jpg

From your little girls

I can't see what's in the star. :?

Can you blow it up???

:kiss:

-Carolyn

:shock2: How cool is that?!?!?!?!?! I love it! I wasn't expecting his picture.

:kiss: :hug:

You Rock, Zee!

Thank you!!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back