Who Is Buck Jones?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
[align=center]Carl J. Lewis[/align]

[align=left]Carl Lewis, age 62, of Point Pleasant, New Jersey, passedaway in his sleep on Sunday, June 19,2005.Carl wasa rabbit enthusiast and retired schoolteacher, having instructedhistory and social studies for 32 years. He was also a Vietnam veteran,motorcyclist, active in his church, enjoyed photography, camping,bicycling, scale-model building and back packing. [/align]

[align=left]A pet rabbit owner himself, Carl had many friends amongrabbit breeders and has been a member of a number of organizationsincluding the American Rabbit Breeders Association.

Carl was affectionately known as “Buck Jones” among his internetfriends of popular rabbit forums including Rabbits Only and manyothers, where he shared his love of rabbits. He was well respected forhis knowledge gleaned through his rabbit care experiences and extensivestudies on the internet as well as referring to a well stocked personallibrary of rabbit related materials. Insightful as well as intelligent,Carl always seemed to have the right answers whether dealing withrabbits or people. If anyone needed information, he was the one “in theknow” and kept up to date on the most recent advances in veterinarycare and nutrition for rabbits. He was also well-versed on rabbitbehavior.

Many stories have been shared throughout the rabbit world of Carl‘sgenerosity and caring demeanor and his many rabbit friends throughoutthe world will miss him.

Carl leaves behind his wife Helen of 40 years, grown son Eric and daughter Candace as well as two grandsons.

[/align]

Thank you, Dearest Pam Nock, for writing thisbeautiful tribute to Our Dear Friend and having it published in theDomestic Rabbits Magazine that ARBA puts out.

:kiss:

Still missing Buck and always will. Until we meet again, Dear Friend...

Much Love,
-Carolyn

Who Is Buck Jones ?

Buck Jones was a very thoughtfull person, One of the First to alwaysWelcome New members ., Toensure they knew they wereappreicated and respected , Always One ofthe First who would givesomeone the benifit of a doubt .

A Person who would see all sides ofa story , not just what wasposted .

A Person Dearly Missed .

You're not kidding, My Dear Friend, Gypsy.

Just out of curiosity, how did he get the nickname "Buck Jones"?

Lissa wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how did he get the nickname "Buck Jones"?

Good question, Lissa. :)

When he had first signed onto the internet, his son, Eric, told himthat if he were to enter forum to use a name other than his own so thathe would protect his identity.

Growing up, Buck Jones was a western movie star that he used to watchon television as a child. Not only was Buck Jones known as brave andstrong and a good guy in the westerns, in real life, he was a great manwho really cared about people and their well-being. Not sure Carlreally knew the latter part of his real life. Actually, I know hedidn't because I had gotten him the only biography book on Buck Jonesthat I could find.

Carl was quite surprised just how admired Buck Jones was. I teased himabout it because I said, "Tsk...Oh Carl! You took that name because hewas a Hero to people!" He laughed and said, "I didn't realize that! Ijust always liked him in the movies." It was cute. The more Carl readthat book and got to know about Buck Jones' life, the more he liked theguy.

I had gotten him two movies. One was a silent film, another was a movieBuck Jones was in with John Wayne. Buck Jones actually saves The Dayfor John Wayne. Go Buck! Who else out there outshined John Wayne in awestern? I'd be hard pressed to come up with that answer.

Side Note: The real Buck Jones died in a fire at a theatre. He wasbeing honored for an award when a fire broke out. Buck Jones died as heran back into the burning building to save others. There were witnessesthat saw him outside of the building, but his body was found burnedinside, and they suspected he was running back in to save people.

Buck Jones, Then and Now, (Our Buck Jones and their Buck Jones) will always be known as A Noble Man.

After Carl got familiar with the net and how it all worked, he and Italked about the name and he said that had he to do it over again, heprobably would've written Carl, but he was known in so many rabbitforums as Buck Jones, he felt it too late to change.

His wife giggled the first few times we met every single time I'd callhim "Buck". Now she affectionately calls him Buck. :sunshine:

-Carolyn

Thanks to e-bay, I found a Buck Jones comic book from 1952. That was just around the time that Carl was reading them.

You should've seen his eyes sparkle when he saw Buck Jones on the screen again and when he held that comic book. What Fun!

:happyrabbit:

I'll never forget how he glowed that day. He kept saying, "This bringsme Right back!" with a big smile on his face The Whole Time.

I also found a black and white 8x10 photograph of Buck Jones with ishat and a gun. I told him to put it up near his computer so that BuckJones would be watching over him on the forum, and he did.

I imagine Buck Jones and Buck Jones had a great meeting in Heaven on June 19, 2005. :rainbow:

:tears2:

I could never do such a wonderful man justice,especially compared to what an eloquent writer Carl was. Hegave so much to others, that I wanted to give a little to him.:angel:

Pam

He passed away a few months before I found thisforum. I really wish I could have had the opportunity to meethim. He sounds like he was a very caring wonderfulman.

zakfoxmom wrote:
He passed away a few months before I found this forum. I reallywish I could have had the opportunity to meet him. He sounds like hewas a very caring wonderful man.

If you read through some of his topics and some of the archives, you'llfeel like you know him. Even though you didn't communicate with himpersonally, he'll take you under his Wing. He loves his rabbits justlike you and I do.

He now watches over our rabbits, and Believe You-Me, he's the first oneat the rainbow bridge with open arms to our rabbits and a gentle smile,saying, "Hi baby!!!" when they do pass. He will love them and help themthrough missing you until you meet your baby again.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
zakfoxmom wrote:
He passed away a few months before I found this forum.? I reallywish I could have had the opportunity to meet him.? He sounds like hewas a very caring wonderful man.?

If you read through some of his topics and some of the archives, you'llfeel like you know him. Even though you didn't communicate with himpersonally, he'll take you under his Wing. He loves his rabbits justlike you and I do.

He now watches over our rabbits, and Believe You-Me, he's the first oneat the rainbow bridge with open arms to our rabbits and a gentle smile,saying, "Hi baby!!!" when they do pass. He will love them and help themthrough missing you until you meet your baby again.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

-Carolyn
Carolyn, this is very true. i never met Carl.but i know him. he is all around the forum. never forgotten. alwaysloved and respected. and i feel blessed to know that ifilosebabies, Buck will be there to take care of them until iget there,

Yes, you do know him, Nicky Snow, and he knows, loves, and watches over you and yours Now.

I feel that deep in my heart.

You don't have to wait for your rabbits to be protected and watched over by Buck. They already are; as are you, My Friend.

:hug:

-Carolyn

Buck is a part ofme. There are "Buckisms" that I think and do every day. He reached outto me on a very personal level during a time that I really needed ahand up.His guidance and friendshiphelpedmake me a better person.

One of the things I most adored abouthim was that he had thisdeep wisdom that seemed like itshould have come from one who had lived for centuries. Yet at the sametime,he had such an appreciation for those who could stillsee life through the eyes of a child and find joy in youthful living.

I miss him very much.

Raspberry

Carolyn, you brought tears to my eyes. and thank you for telling me that Buck is with me and my girls. that means alot to me.

:hug:(right back atcha)

LOL

Nicole

Buck Jones is the reason I joined the boardafter a year of lurking. It felt good to know there wasanother 'youngster' in my age group.

He knew so much yet wasn't a know it all. He was alwayslearning and happy to share his studies and knowledge with all who camehere to read and participate. He was always ready and willingto learn something new no matter the source.

It is rare to find someone with a lifelong love oflearning. It is rare to find someone who iscomfortable with themselves, who they are, and where they are going andwhere they have been. It is rare to find someone who freelyshares and has a joy of living. it is rare to find someonewho can communicate with all ages and all walks of life.

We lost a gem and gained a guardian angel.

Latest posts

Back