Who has perfect litter box manners?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of mine are 100% perfect, but they are pretty close.
Korr and Amelia will poop out of the litter box a bit, but not a whole lot, maybe a few poops in a week. They are great for pee too with the odd time not being in the box.
Lillian usually really good about both pee and poops. There might be a few poop in her pen or pee in her cage, but mostly it's in the litter box.
Kraken is very good in his cage. Hardly any poops not in the box and pee is almost always in the box. When he is out of the cage it is another story, but he does tend to have a few favourite spots to go in the pen (just not in the litter box in the pen).
Tesla kind of depends on his mood. He is pretty good about pee unless his box is getting a bit dirty, but poops are about 75% or so. His litter box is a tad small, but be won't use anything else. Again, not so good outside his cage.
Gizmo and Nala are maybe 50% using the litter box. They were supposed to be litter trained when I got them, but I guess not so much.

I'm pretty amazed at how good Monty has been since the first day I had her, and she only just turned 3 months old. I'm withholding judgment til those hormones hit, haha.

One absolutely perfect! With her playful personality and all around silliness I would never expect her to be even half litter box trained, but there's never even a stray poop in sight! Then one 99% trained (a few strays every so often). Then the rest are... Well... Working on it.

My daughter's bunny Eirik is good, he pees in it (will even go back to his crate to use the litterbox to pee when he's loose in the room. And you can tell that he does most of his poos in there but every day there are still some droppings in the cage.

sebi is 100%. I can have one litter box in the house, and hell be fine...unless i make him mad(like meds). Then he poops by me

My kids are 100% on pee, but not on poo. For the most part they contain their poop wars to the group litterbox in the shared area, but there are strays next to the fencing. I am hoping once I get them bonded so they are living together this will stop. I just sweep each evening and it isn't a big deal.

Agnes is near perfect.

She will pee on my couch though. Grrrr, but that is the ONLY place she has had an accident. I don't get it. There is something with couches and beds I think.....

She just got fixed and I've been keeping her off the couches for awhile so it hasn't happened in a while....I'll keep watching her....

Commander Bun-Bun was the only one of the 37 we've had. When she was out, she never left any stray poops--she'd always go back into her hutch for every thing. The others are why we have a shop vac. Commodore Stockton was the polar opposite--when he'd get up after laying in a spot, it looked like a fertilizer truck had dumped it's load. All use the litter pans for urination, thank the gods.

Beauty is 90% litter box trained. She does all of her peeing in the box and MOST of the poop in there too. She also RARELY leaves the box. (She is in there constantly, laying down).
Shiny Things is a COMPLETELY different story. She is at 0% (AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG). She will not even go near the litter box. Luckily she is on coroplast that cleans easily with a paper towel for the pee and a small broom and dust pan for the poop. She HATES me cleaning her cage. Also since the coroplast is on the outside of the cubes poop gets stuck between the 2 and is next to impossible to get out. I have only had the cage that they are in set up since Sunday evening and already want to change out the base.

Cheeto was at nearly 100%, that is, before Millie arrived. Now there is pee and poop everywhere! I am scrubbing my carpets everyday. Cannot wait until they are bonded!

Teddy is 99% with her pee, she will pee in her litter box literally every single time, zero accidents... except this one spot on my bed. The same exact spot. Every time. She poos in her litter box and throughout the cage but only leaves a couple droppings outside the cage when she's out, probably like 3 a day. Not really a big deal about the droppings though, it's not like it's hard to clean up.

My Big Bunny is 98% on poo, 100% on pee. I think he only poops outside the litter box when he doesn't feel great or is trying to remind Little Bunny that he's the boss. Little Bunny is about 60%, which is actually a VAST improvement. He gets neutered next week, so I'm hoping his bathroom habits will continue to improve.

Beauty is getting worse by the day. She was close to 100% with both but now is horible with poop. I am not sure about pee yet. I think that Shiny Things's bad habbits have worn off on her.

Latest posts

Back