Who else is a failed fosterer?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_3926.jpg

100_3320.jpg

we failed fostered with toulouse, was just going to be a foster, and it took only a few days to know he would never leave!

Two of myfoster babies were returned to the Humane Society just after Christmas and are awaiting to find theirforever home from the shelter. They were spared from euthanization as they came in with a mass surrender of rabbitsthat hadthe snuffles as I quickly took them home as fosters. They are now in a quarantined room of the shelteravailable for adoption.

2uh0olh.jpg

I named them Twinkle Toes and Twinkle Noseto identify their white spots on their nose and toes.The records at the sheltercalled them Mary and Jane.

Mythird foster (the white bunny) remains with me.I named her Lucky Star, because I was able to take her away from the other rabbits who were beating up on her.Snuffles has taken a toll on her.Her eyes and nose were crusted from the sneezing.She developed a lump on her side the size of a quarter (coin). Parts of her ears were removed from rabbit bites and being frozen. A large bite mark on the side of her head has scabbed but is healing. Last Monday, I brought her back to the shelter for a recheck. She did not gain any weight as she refuses to eat. I have been syringing her Critical Care to keepher going.TheVet deemed her as unadoptable because of her condition and that she would not eat. They will put her to sleep if I leave her there. I asked if I could keep her for a few more days...

2l9h0fa.jpg

She is small for her size and feels quite bony. She is a month older than the two black babies, but she is smaller and weighs less than them.

2nvf66p.jpg

All the foods I offer her,but she refuses to eat.

It wasMonday when I had her infor her recheck. I'll hold on to her for another week and see how she progresses.If she doesn't thrive, has difficulty and in pain, then ahard decision will have to be made.

2it6flz.jpg

I used 4 packages of Critical Care so far. That is why I am looking at getting some sent in from the US.

Stan, what is her story?I probably missed the thread since Ijoineda couple of months ago and still catching up. Will she not eat anything including hay and veggies? Does she take CC willingly? Did the vet determine what the lump is?

I start fostering in 2 weeks, my boyfriend says I am not allowed to fail :)
Lucky Star is beautiful, and I hope she makes it.

When I first opened this thread I thought it was going to be a sad story, and that my heart was going to break. But instead its bursting!!!! Congratulations to all the failed fosterers!

I have failed three times. We kept echo, and then kept fiona as a friend for him, and recently we have kept a mini lop named paulanka. We did give her up for adoption once, but it didn't work out, and we were so sad when she left, so we decided to keep her. There have been a few close calls too, but for the most part we are usually pretty good fosters.

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
I almost lost Snowball to adoption last month, but thankfully her adoption fell through (wipes sweat off brow), LOL!!!

You mean Snowball is back???
She never left. The adopter found out her roomate is allergic. Better to know now than later.

Latest posts

Back