Who are we all?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my name is Kara (But my nickname is Ana, hence my user-name). I have loved rabbits from a young age. My love for the little fluff balls started when I volunteered at a wild life animal shelter and there was a sweet little three legged eastern cottontail someone rescued. One look into those brown eyes and I was hooked. I knew I'd own a bunny of my own one day, but never got around to doing my research and such. I've had quite a zoo over the past 10 years. I've adopted: cats, dogs, lizards, frogs/toads, snakes, many gerbils, ducks, etc. Well a few months ago I decided that I was ready to own a bunny. I found a breeder, got the supplies I needed, and set out on the 3 hour drive to go find my new fur baby. It would be accurate to say that my girl Nessa picked me. She jumped right into my arms when I bent down to pet her. It was love at first sight you could say. :p
Random facts about me: I am a SFX (Special Effects) makeup artist and my favorite thing to do is go to the beach. Lucky me, I happen to live 5 minutes from the beach! :D

Hi, my name is Kara (But my nickname is Ana, hence my user-name). I have loved rabbits from a young age. My love for the little fluff balls started when I volunteered at a wild life animal shelter and there was a sweet little three legged eastern cottontail someone rescued. One look into those brown eyes and I was hooked. I knew I'd own a bunny of my own one day, but never got around to doing my research and such. I've had quite a zoo over the past 10 years. I've adopted: cats, dogs, lizards, frogs/toads, snakes, many gerbils, ducks, etc. Well a few months ago I decided that I was ready to own a bunny. I found a breeder, got the supplies I needed, and set out on the 3 hour drive to go find my new fur baby. It would be accurate to say that my girl Nessa picked me. She jumped right into my arms when I bent down to pet her. It was love at first sight you could say. :p
Random facts about me: I am a SFX (Special Effects) makeup artist and my favorite thing to do is go to the beach. Lucky me, I happen to live 5 minutes from the beach! :D

Hi Kara, what breed is Nessa?

She's a cutie! Everyone I know who has had that breed talks about how good-natured they are. I love my mini-rexes, but they are rather aloof, which is fine with me. They come to me on their own terms. :sunshine:

Good natured, sometimes! :O

Totally possessive of their owners, always! Lady my lop is like that. She thinks she is the only rabbit in the house but I love her anyway.

They sure do come with their own terms!!!:adorable:

Vanessa

Good natured, sometimes! :O

Totally possessive of their owners, always! Lady my lop is like that. She thinks she is the only rabbit in the house but I love her anyway.

They sure do come with their own terms!!!:adorable:

Vanessa

I'm not sure if my two min-rexes are being possessive of me, or just saying hi, but they like to nip my toes when they come in the room. They only do it if I have bare feet, too. My feet are clean, and my toe nails are nicely clipped, so I don't know what they're trying to tell me. :dunno:

I rarely see wild rabbits where I live. I actually did see one last night, but he was a scrawny looking thing. Living in an urban area like I do, you don't see too many wild rabbits. I don't see how you were ever able to catch one!

That's not surprising - you should realize that a "wild rabbit" in Australia, where the poster lives, is not the same animal as the "wild rabbit" in Kentucky, where you live. While both are lagomorphs, and belong to the same family, they aren't even the same genus, let alone the same species.

Wild rabbits in Europe and Australia/New Zealand (whose rabbits come from escaped or introduced European rabbits) are the same animal as our pet bunnies - Oryctolagus cunicula, to be exact. All domestic rabbits are descended from European wild rabbits.

A European Wild Rabbit (picture taken in Scotland):

6985-templars-rabbit.jpg

On the other hand, wild rabbits in the eastern and southern United States are actually cottontails (specifically, the Eastern Cottontail - Sylvilagus floridanus).

This is an Eastern Cottontail (picture taken in Harford, NY):
cottontail_2794.jpg

I didn't really intend to become a rabbit person, it just sort of happened. My first rabbit was literally dropped in my lap by my son, who announced that he was a mini-Rex and his name was "Scone".

7648_141432_150000000.jpg

As time went on, Scone adopted me as his human, and I gave him the last name "MacBunny" (because he should have one, and neither my last name nor my son's seemed to fit). My son moved on to the army and married life, and Scone and I spent the next seven and a half years together.

7648_141441_410000002.jpg

When Scone passed away in 2010, my niece and her then-boyfriend (now husband) decided that since she was graduating from college and they were planning to move out West, their bunny Natasha should come live with me.

7648_191259_360000003.jpg

As with Scone, I gave Natasha her last name (Rabbitova seemed to fit), and she quickly adopted me as her human. Four years later, we're still together and she rules the warren with an iron paw...

natasha_2612-8623.jpg

I'm Madison, I'm 14 and I live in Wisconsin.

I first got into rabbits when I was around 10 years old. I saw a free rabbit online, and I've always loved rabbits, so I convinced my parents into letting me get her. She was an unsociable at least 5 year old Lionhead doe. Despite that, I loved her and she gradually got used to me. Sadly she died suddenly about 2 years later. To this day I don't know what happened, presumably a heart attack but I'm not sure.

Delilah, my previous rabbit
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404689473.717232.jpg

This past February (or March I honestly can't remember) I purchased my second Lionhead. I went 2 years without a rabbit before finally deciding to get a fuzzy companion once again. He's now about 5 1/2 months old, and loving everything! He's a shy, one person rabbit, but is extremely nice.

Ollie, my new one!
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404689550.119020.jpg

Ollie is doing well! He's getting the hang of how to walk on the harness but for the most part I just let him hop on his own.

Ollie is doing well! He's getting the hang of how to walk on the harness but for the most part I just let him hop on his own.

I didn't ever try a harness with my two guys. I think one of them would have done ok, but his brother is rather stubborn and headstrong, and I didn't think he'd like it. They've been free roam in my house for 9 years. I would have just tried the harness for walking them around the neighborhood, but they've never acted like they would be interested that, so I've let them be rabbit hermits. ;)

hello all..interesting thread idea...i am Blake..a 31(turning 32 sep 6th) transgender (born female..transitioning to male:)) who is horse and bunny obsessed...currently i have two arabian horses..a gelding and a mare and 12 soon to be 14 buns..me and my rabbitry are registered with the ARBA and i am a french lop, holland lop and french angora breeder, i am unable to work a normal day to day job due to my health issues,but i make due well enough and love life dispite the challenges that have been tossed at me on a day to day basis..want to know anything else..just ask :)
smile__by_khainon-d6049oz.jpg

I'm Madison, I'm 14 and I live in Wisconsin.

I first got into rabbits when I was around 10 years old. I saw a free rabbit online, and I've always loved rabbits, so I convinced my parents into letting me get her. She was an unsociable at least 5 year old Lionhead doe. Despite that, I loved her and she gradually got used to me. Sadly she died suddenly about 2 years later. To this day I don't know what happened, presumably a heart attack but I'm not sure.

Delilah, my previous rabbit
View attachment 11144

This past February (or March I honestly can't remember) I purchased my second Lionhead. I went 2 years without a rabbit before finally deciding to get a fuzzy companion once again. He's now about 5 1/2 months old, and loving everything! He's a shy, one person rabbit, but is extremely nice.

Ollie, my new one!
View attachment 11146

Ollie is so freaking cute!!!!!!

hello all..interesting thread idea...i am Blake..a 31(turning 32 sep 6th) transgender (born female..transitioning to male:)) who is horse and bunny obsessed...currently i have two arabian horses..a gelding and a mare and 12 soon to be 14 buns..me and my rabbitry are registered with the ARBA and i am a french lop, holland lop and french angora breeder, i am unable to work a normal day to day job due to my health issues,but i make due well enough and love life dispite the challenges that have been tossed at me on a day to day basis..want to know anything else..just ask :)

smile__by_khainon-d6049oz.jpg

Welcome, Blake! Great picture! :sunshine:

Latest posts

Back