White funk on bottom of bunny area?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamaflora

Reaction score
In a few spots around where my bunnies eat and have their litter box, there is some white stuff on the floor that looks almost like thin dried paint.
? What could this be?
I cleaned the enclosure on Friday so this is a recent happening.

In a few spots around where my bunnies eat and have their litter box, there is some white stuff on the floor that looks almost like thin dried paint.
? What could this be?
I cleaned the enclosure on Friday so this is a recent happening.
Can you take a photo of it?
It’s probably excess calcium from their pee I can’t really tell without seeing it

Yes it looks like that!

So sorry i am just now responding. Had a difficult week. And thank you for offering help!

I cleaned the enlosure and it is there again.

Yep, calcium sediment. It could be your rabbits are getting too much calcium rich food in their diet. I would try and decrease it a little, just to put less stress on their kidneys and bladder. They still need some calcium for good nutrition, but you just don't want an over abundance being excreted in the urine. Though as long as it isn't thick and creamy, pasty, or gritty(bladder sludge), it usually won't cause as much of a problem.

For cleanup, half and half water and white vinegar usually does the trick. Though if it's on a porous surface, it might be harder to get it all out. If it's around the litter box, they are either urine marking outside the litter box or if the sides of the litter box are too low, they could be hanging their butt over the edge so it's missing making it into the litter box. Which a higher sided litter box would fix.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/odor-free-home.html

Thank you this is great information! I will look into what i am feeding that is calcium rich and will keep watch for changes in the consistency. Yes it is somewhat near the litterbox. The box is big and deep. Maybe marking...again thank you for this great info!

You can get sherwood urairy tract support for future cases, I reccommend having the whole sherrwood line to be honest, also do you feed sugary veggies? That could be the problem. How much veggies do you give vs how many pounds is your bunbun

thanks for the tips. I feed about a half bunch of lettuce, maybe a little more, sometimes a little kale or cabbage, one carrot between the two of them and half a banana between the two of them. Usually the lettuce is romaine. sometimes I add a mini sweet pepper or some herbs also for them to share. I fill a big plate with veggies, mostly the greens. They are each about 4 pounds. I feed this salad once per day in the evening, along with half their ration of pellets. I also feed pellets with some herbs in the morning.

Latest posts

Back