White Flakes on the skin???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty-Python

Reaction score
I have only just joined the forums (Hi everyone!) and i have a problem with my rabbit, Monty. He has a little bald patch of fur on his back on top of his shoulders and the bald patch is full of these little white flakes, they look almost like a powdery crust. It hasn't spread to any other part of my fluffy bunny and i don't want anything to happen to him. I can't even phone thevets because it's about 10minutes to 9pm over here in England.Please pleasehelp my fluffy bunny.

Sounds like a classic case of fur mites. Try a kitten flea powder that contains carbaryl.

If that does not eradicate the mites after a couple applications, Ivomec injections are commonly used.

Pam

Thankies to the both of you! I'll call the vets and book an appointment, just to make sure.

I don't have a Siberien Tri-Colour rabbit (the breed on monty python and the holy grail, looks like a tiger from spring to winter) but they are the names of my rabbits. I do get a lot of funny looks when i say i have a rabbit called Python. :DHe he he, the evil rabbit dances! :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back