white bump on rabbits back end?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helix5

Reaction score
Hello! I have a neutered male Mini Rex. He's a little over 2 years old. He is kept in an 8 by 5 foot pen indoors but he gets lots of supervised free roam time as well. He's fed 1/4th cup of Oxbow Essentials Adult Rabbit Food along with unlimited Timothy Hay and Fresh water each day. I noticed yesterday, he had a bit of urine on his tail so I took a damp cloth to clean him off. I lifted him up to make sure his tail was cleaned and I noticed a small white bump on his rear end. I will try to get a picture to add to this post. I'm really worried. He's eating, pooping, and acting completely normal. Is this something that will go away on its own or should I get him to a vet? Thanks!

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• 20210501_202101.jpg
    20210501_202101.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210501_201322~2.jpg
    20210501_201322~2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi, I would take him to a vet. Honestly I can't figure out from the photo where exactly this white thing is but looks like there's something under his skin. If it would be my rabbit I would try to push skin a bit back to see it better. This is like inside his anus or maybe I am wrong.

It looks like a pustule. It's possible it's just isolated and there's only that one, but these can also happen with staph infections. But if your bun isn't showing any other signs of a problem, maybe it is just that one pustule. If you're at all concerned it's something more, your bun is having other symptoms like loss of appetite or unusual lethargy, or any more pustules than just that one occur, I would suggest contacting a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back