Whinny and Weezy go to the vet today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bransworld

Reaction score
Whinny and Weezy are heading to the vet today for their pre-spay appointment.

I so happy that they are hopefully big enough to get the spay done.

I will let you know when the spay is going to be after i get home from the vet tonight.

Ok, i just got home and both girls are girls... so that is good. and both are very healthy. The vet wants to wait a couple more months before spaying so that they are a little bigger.

Now my one question to all of you is... Is $257 each too expensive for a spaying?

I am willing to pay it if that is the right amount but if it seems really high to you i am going to try and find another vet. I chose this one because the vet has experience and is less that 5 miles from my house. I know of a few other experienced vets but they are like 25 or so miles from my house.

Sounds like a lot! I wouldn't pay that much if I could avoid it, but my bunnys are purely pets and were $15 each from the petshop - so would seem a HUGE amount to pay!!! I did get quoated $225 for my boys to be neutered (this included a $45 pre surg check - which the other vets don't do). I do love my bunnys a lot, and I am a new bunny owner... but that is an awful lot of money... I have found a great vet who will do the neuter for $87.50each - they sound knowledgeable, I asked if they deal with bunnys regularly and they do... so I am happy! I know girls are more expensive, but that is a lot!

I don't think that is a lot... but I live in California, and spays (along with everything else) are real expensive. I am a vet tech (we don't see exotics) and puppy/kitten spays are like $320. That does include bloodwork, though.
Call around to see if you can find it significantly cheaper, if you want. Also, I would ask the vet if that price includes blood work (not all vets do pre surgery bloodwork) and pain meds.

That does include blood work, pain meds, a nail trim and the spay. There are all kinds of other things on the list that it includes i just don't know what they are.

Latest posts

Back