while the cats were away....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack&hetty

Reaction score
the mice broke out of there living quarters and boy did they play :(

Just got back from a wknd at my parents, We left Jack andhetti seperate but hetti or jack have managed to unclip there pen gatethat seperates them and we came home to a carpet full of fur and tworabbits that seem to be barely getting on but no more fighting...

I'm relly tired and could have cried when i saw the mess but i pressume that the pair have now got it out of there system?

oh that is sad! Are they usually like this? Mineloves to chew on things If I don't watch her. So I would assume thiscould possibly occur again. I can't be positive tho.

Are they male and female....are they spayed/neutered? If not, I'm thinking you will have babies! :D

Ahhh...I've had many escapes of critters, once I went away and camehome to find Tessa (one of my ferrets) in the ceiling!!! Itwas not fun. I tried and tried to figure out how to get herto come out..I banged and banged on the ceiling and she didn'tbudge. I put treats where I decided she must have gotten in,but finally she just decided to come out and kind of looked at me likeI was insane for being so worried.

I swear, if we didn't love them so, they would drive us crazy!

Jen

Hi Sam

Those bad bunnies! If they've obviously been fighting and they weren'tlooking particularly friendly to each other then I'm sorry to say theymay well not have got it out of their systems.

I know Jack's neutered so there'll be no babies but it's worth givingthem both a careful check for bite or scratch wounds which might goseptic.

You probably feel at your wits end about them right now but keep faith.Try letting them be together in a neutral and supervised setting andsee how they are with each other then.

Once you see them start grooming each other you can be pretty sure you've made it.

Still wishing you the best of luck. I'm about to start bonding two ofmy unbonded rabbits in a few days and I'm hoping it's going to be aneasier match this time :p. I've had Flopsy spayed which I'm hoping isgoing to make the difference. Some are just so much harder to get alongthan others.

Kate

Sorry to hear about those bad bunnies.I've found that bunnies who you don't expect to bond well sometimes doand vice versa. Hope you have better luck in future

welllllll i left them out together last night andthey were both tripping me up this morning there like a mini tagteam. Jack is aloud in hettis bit and vice versa so i hopethis means it is over was just a bit :shock:when i got inlast night and saw all the fur everywhere have looked at thepair of them and although there a lil sore so cant touch em(cant usually anyway) they both seem fine bless them will just see howthings go now. we were away 36hrs so i think its over... nobabies though as jack has been spayed..this morning the pair of themwere both at her newspaper ripping it up together...

she moves if he gets too close to her butt and he lets her eat firstout of his bowl and they both attention seek like crazy but think thatthey are okay........

TBC

yeah it would otherwise the fur pulling and theupset mummy and daddy will have been for nothing. Told my mumand she said maybe thats just what they needed and at least this way wedidnt have to see it... i still feel guilty though...

we were going to seperate them last night but she started chewing atthe bars so we let her out just seems that if they have found a way tolive together we shouldnt interfere or it could be several paces back xx

Just alil update :)jack and hetti seem to have fought out theredifferences which is ace.... there are pellets everywhere but i am coolwith that not noticed any wees but havent had timetoo...

fingers crossed... have toadmit though it is ace seeing jack have someone to run around with evenif she does chew more wall paper than he does rofl

Great news :dude::dude:! Sounds like you've got two happy rabbits.

Kate

ps I syympathise deeply about the wallpaper, you wouldn't believe whatmy rabbits have done to the walls :X. Although in a few months youprobably will LOL.

:?at the wallpaper in 3 months timethought...luckily they have the back room and the wallpaper is fencedoff :)though. Gave them both a sprout each lastnight and they both wolfed them down was fun to watch but i notice shelikes to steal his food poor jack.

I think its ok to leave them out every now andagain. Start with leaving them alone for short periods e.g when you goto the shop. Aslong as you remember to keep electrical cable protectedand out of the way. I think it will be alright to leave them alone now.What might of happened was a fight to establish a leader. In mostanimal pairing or groups there is a dominant one. Now they have got thefight out of the way they understand each other, one is the leader. Ormaybe they were just getting to know each other, settling the groundbefore they could become friends. I guess we will never know the fulltruth but atlest they are getting on abit better.

Carrots x :)

well i have just left them to it... there is nomore fur pulling or fighting jack even licks hettis face and lies nextto her now and again. She seems a little more energetic thanhe is so i think this may be why he looks a bit sulky lol

Latest posts

Back