While munching, are yours in a world of their own too?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
well, I learned a long time ago that calling them is useless when they have something in their mouth, they ignore me completly and even every treat until they finish what they started.

Today I tried to remove a tick from my 10lbs boys neck, no chance to restrain him well enough to get the tick out alone, jerked and struggled (That was after I tried petting him and sneaking up with the tweezers several times). After pissing him of 3 times by trying I almost gave up, but when he was munching on that willow branch in the kitchen I gave it another shot - just searched the tick and pulled it out - and he didn't even look up, or stop eating - that must have hurt, I sure got a little fur too. No reaction whatsoever.

My rabbits that love food will always be in a whole other world. They are all foodies.

Except one that will ignore food for cuddles, he will only grab the food and hold it between his front teeth, so no one can take it away or try stealing his treat from him while getting petted [emoji23]

Bugs always is so focused on his food while he's eating. I can get away with clipping his nails bite free while he munches on pellets which is something that never happens without food involved!

My buck will beg for a second treat with one already in his mouth. Or steal the doe's treat with his in his mouth and run off with both.

And he pretty much ignores me completely unless I have treats. Or I crinkle a bag. Or I say the word "treat" out loud. Or it's around 10pm when he's scheduled for a treat.

It's a weird dynamic, but I think we understand each other pretty well.

well, I learned a long time ago that calling them is useless when they have something in their mouth, they ignore me completly and even every treat until they finish what they started.

Today I tried to remove a tick from my 10lbs boys neck, no chance to restrain him well enough to get the tick out alone, jerked and struggled (That was after I tried petting him and sneaking up with the tweezers several times). After pissing him of 3 times by trying I almost gave up, but when he was munching on that willow branch in the kitchen I gave it another shot - just searched the tick and pulled it out - and he didn't even look up, or stop eating - that must have hurt, I sure got a little fur too. No reaction whatsoever.
My bunnies close their eyes while eating :)

No honestly I didn't notice that, I never disturb them when they are busy eating. Now I think it is because I had a Rottweiler a long time ago, my first dog and I was instructed never touch her while she's eating and never try to take food from her because of her instincts :)

One of my lop girls is always hungry, when I want to give her pellets in the morning I have to open her door and try to persuade her to come out, only then I can refill her bowl, otherwise she's moving so quickly and keeps on checking if her bowl is still empty and when I put my hand into her cage she can even bite my hand despite it brings her food. She's a tigress :) Honestly I have no idea how to make her more patient and not to use her teeth every time she disagrees with something I do.

My other rabbits don't bite, my other lop is also territorial but she is only lunging and complaining when I put my hand into her cage.

Latest posts

Back