which kind of Neosporin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or can ssd cream be bought over the counter? say at walgreens or maybe Walmart? today was Bentleys last injections and for somereason he was bleeeding when I checked for penicillin on his fur. He is acting completley fine and has been about 5 hours since I injected him. I checked the spot again and notice the skin is a bit red and he was licking it. I'm worries it might become worse so I wanted to put a cream on it. It is a area he can lick so I need something that is safe if digested a bit. I will be home all day so I will be watching him like a hawk if i put anything on him

I would only ever use a light layer of the ointment, not the cream with added pain relief.

Though I don't think this is something you need to use in this instance. The injection site already has pen g there, so you don't need to be worrying about bacteria. The redness is likely due to skin irritation from the injection maybe not getting in the right spot. between the skin layers. And he would be licking it because it probably is a bit sore.

I would just keep an eye on it. Depending on the amount of irritation that occurs, there's the possibility of a sterile abscess forming. So if you start to see an odd scab over the site, this is what it likely is.

Latest posts

Back