Which cage would be better

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kloppie8

Reaction score
Currently Flynn is in a 4x4 xpen, but I was considering moving him to a dog crate, thus allowing him lots more room to explore when out of his cage. The current set up does not allow for much running and jumping when out, and he loves to hang out on the bed, but he just chills there.I am not sure which would be better for him. He gets about 3-4 hrs out of his cage but he mostly stays in the room heis cage is in, because he likes it the best. Any ideas or opinions, please?

the 4X4 pen is much much bigger than a dog crate would be. I think it is more beneficial for him to have more room in the other 20 hrs he's in there than be in a smaller cage with more room to explore when he's out.

I wouldn't reduce the cage/pen size if he's only out for 3-4 hrs per day - particularly as bunnies are often active at night, when they aren't out. Is it possible to re-jig the pen so you could maybe remove the two sides when he's out to give him more running room (I'm presuming the pen is in a corner). Bull-dog clips or something else easy to take apart but secure when together might work :)

Latest posts

Back