Where to find walk in chicken coop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylovin1093

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find a not to expensive walk in chicken coop for sale online? It's for my rabbit Bambi. By the way I live in South Australia.

I would try gum tree, you could probably get a decent second-hand one for pretty cheap, though of course you would probably need a means to pick it up unless the owner is willing to deliver it.

How much are you looking to spend, bunnings sells walk in aviaries etc so it might be worth checking their website, you can get them to deliver too.

Just a question, do you have a shady spot to put it? I ask especially if you end up with a metal one, it absolutely needs to be in the shade or poor Bambi will get very hot in it.

I am only looking to get a wooden one, no metal and no exceptions. I am planning to have it in the orchead and no there is not much shade at all. However if it get's to 29 celcius or above Bambi come's inside. My mum also came up with a great system to keep the piggies cool outside which would work fine for Bambi. The system is give Bambi an icepack wrapped in a cloth, cover the coop with cloths soaked in ice cold water and check them every hour to re wet them. The pigs live right outside the house so they also get a fan however I could not use the fan in the orchead as there is not power outlets.

Ok cool, yeah, definitely got with timber, just check it every so often to make sure Bambi hasn't chewed his way out ;) A shady spot is definitely preferable, but if not you can probably hang shadecloth or something similar over the top to provide shade.

I'm glad that your mum agreed to let him come inside on hot days, that's great :)

sams club has some online, I'm not sure if they ship to south Australia though

Latest posts

Back