where to buy fresh hay/alfalfa online

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atjurhs

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I buy fresh pellets from Sherwood, but I'd like to find a place to buy fresh fresh hay/alfalfa online. My local feed store lets me glean their floors, but that often doesn't find very much.

does anyone know where I can buy it?

thanks, Todd

or maybe it doesn't matter if it's months or a year old?

I saw some listed as grown in 2013, that's more than a year old. Is that still good/nutritious to feed to bunnies

Why not just buy a bale from that feed store? If its horse quality and a proper variety for the age of the rabbit your feeding then its fine.
Hay is a dried product. As long as it stays dry it doesnt go bad. Im still feeding a bale ive had for.more then 3 years now.

Why not just buy a bale from that feed store? If its horse quality and a proper variety for the age of the rabbit your feeding then its fine.
Hay is a dried product. As long as it stays dry it doesnt go bad. Im still feeding a bale ive had for.more then 3 years now.

I live in the South and it gets EXTREMELY humid down here, so I'm pretty sure it will rot if I buy that much

what about buying those bags of hay you see at the pet store, they don't look too nutritious? they look old and dried out!

is it any good for them?

There are some good brands of boxed hay on Amazon.

Don't buy pet store hay if it looks bad, I've been burned often with moldy hay. Pet stores are the worst.

I found a bag of Oxbow Alfalfa Hay and Oxbow Timothy Hay at Pet360 they have a lot of good reviews

I hear smart pet select is good. I plan to buy from them myself once my current hay bale is gone. I'll update on their quality later

When the buns were young and eating alfalfa, I always purchased Oxbow. Now that they're both on Timothy hay, I cannot find any place that beats smallpetselect.com It's so sweet smelling and fresh, I just love sticking my nose into the box.

Here's where I would get my Alfalfa at good prices.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000T91WUE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
When the buns were young and eating alfalfa, I always purchased Oxbow. Now that they're both on Timothy hay, I cannot find any place that beats smallpetselect.com It's so sweet smelling and fresh, I just love sticking my nose into the box.

Yeah small pet select. That's what I meant. Not smart dur. Sorry!

a GIANT box showed up today from FedEx with 10lbs. of Timothy Hay from smallpetselect. I think I can feed my family for a week with this much hay.

Latest posts

Back