Where should I bury my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should i do?

• Bury her at home

• Bury her at Mums

• Bury her in a pot

• Get her cremated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tammy587

Reaction score
My baby girl unfortunately passed last night.. I don't know where to bury her, I live in a flat and know I wont live there for the rest of my life and that was her home, I could bury here there. I could also bury here at my mums so that once I move I would still be able to visit her, but that wasn't her home. I was also thinking I could bury her in a big pot with a rose bush, this way I could always take her with me when I move. But is that morbid? There is also the option of getting her cremated, but I hadn't really thought of that option, I don't know why but I just thought she would get buried, I personally think its nice to have your remains returned to the earth.. what is everyone's opinion?

Last edited:
It's really up to you. If you want her to be with you forever, getting her cremated is probably the best option for you. If my bun were to pass, he would be cremated. If you were to bury her in a pot, I'm guessing that after a while, it would begin to smell.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I think burrying her somewhere you can visit her and pay your respects is important, so maybe your mum's house. Otherwise cremation is a good choice.

I think burrying her somewhere you can visit her and pay your respects is important, so maybe your mum's house. Otherwise cremation is a good choice.

The flat where I live, my partners work mate owns the property, and we plan to one day buy the house off of him. So there is a chance we will be there for a long time yet, im just worried about if we don't buy the house and we leave..

I voted for cremation, it's what my husband and I always opt for (with the exception of some of our small birds where we couldn't afford it, especially the ones that died shortly after being born). When Lambers (aka Layne/Son) died of stasis last January, we were quite broke after the vet bills and I could barely scrape up enough cash for cremation - I just couldn't justify another $15 or more for a nicer urn than the basic tin... so I decorated his tin with a hot glue gun and some pipe cleaners/googly eyes from the dollar store:

10iaz2c.jpg

For the first few weeks after he was cremated, I took him almost everywhere with me - carried him in my purse, sometimes fell asleep cradling the urn. It may sound weird or silly, but it's the truth and it helped me a lot with the grieving process. When we went to the zoo on "free Tuesday" in February, I scattered a pinch of his ashes in front of various awesome animals (particularly the coolest birds, as we love birds). Hubby and I would put various things into the tin as tributes to Layne (like a craisin when we gave one to Nala or various little trinkets we liked). We did the same thing with Roo, my hubby's 17 1/2 year old cat that died a few years ago... the cat that was born on his 11th birthday and was a best friend to him. Cremation means you can carry the memories with you forever - literally.

[Edit: wrong version of the pic - I posted a HUGE one instead of a reasonably resized one, heh.]

Latest posts

Back