Where is the best place to put the carrier in a car?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Unfortunately I’m going to have to take my sweet Gigi to the vet in a couple of days as her upset tummy issue just isn’t improving.

Whenever I have transported the buns in the car, I have put their carrier in the rear footwell behind the front passenger seat, as I read that is the safest place for them to be. But the carrier fits super snug so I worry about ventilation and them getting hot, even with the A/C on. Plus I’m guessing it must be noisier down there than it would be if they were strapped on the seat.

The carrier has slots for a seatbelt to pass through, so would strapping it onto the back seat be an option? or is it not advisable?

Obviously the whole driving / vet experience for them is already super stressful. The drive is pretty horrible down a fast and long highway, but that is pretty unavoidable to get to the best vet unfortunately. I want them to be as safe as possible, but also reduce their anxiety a bit if I can. Poor little sausages.

thank you!

I personally wouldn't put a carrier on the seat, even with a seatbelt, especially if you're driving fast on a highway. The chance that you may have to brake fast is just too high and the bunny could go flying. You could consider putting her in the passenger footwell and putting towels or bags (even a few paper towel rolls) around to be sure the carrier stays in place. That spot may offer better ventilation

His choice of music is awful and he hasnt mastered pulling away yet as the car just ‘bunny hops’

Attachments

• A70D690A-717E-4983-9F6B-C4E2602FBEE1.jpeg
    A70D690A-717E-4983-9F6B-C4E2602FBEE1.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back