Where do you keep your hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas the Bun πŸ’•πŸ‡

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m currently looking at a different hay supplier, who sells their hay in bales (well duh😜)
and not a cardboard box like small pet select.

Therefore I would greatly appreciate suggestions for where to put hay.

Unfortunately I can’t leave put it outside as it is very humid.

I currently have my hay in a closet that’s toward the β€œinsideβ€˜β€™ of the house.

Thank You 😊

I store my hay in the garage, but when I lived in an apartment I stored it in the wardrobe I had while the rest was put down in the store room 🀣

You can buy store box and place the hay in it, just make sure the hay can breath.

This is my hay rick. When the rancher down the road does his square bales this year it will be full. I don't think even Beaumont gets much more humid than Delaware. I know Austin is less humid than here.
IMG_20200924_153940.jpg

Since I order my rabbits hay online, I keep it in the box that it comes in. πŸ˜‚ But when I did get hay from the bale I kept it in a storage tote. I did drill some holes too because the hay needs to breath. They are pretty cheap too! Hope this helps.

This is a little late, but I keep Theo's hay in a large storage tote in our shed. I might be moving the tote to our "outhouse" (it is a bathroom that is attached to the house, but you access it from outside. It is heated and air-conditioned, but we never use it). I get a compressed bale and it is hard to pull from every day so I have a metal trash can from IKEA that I keep a weeks worth of hay in.

I’m in Texas also and we didn’t have a problem keeping the hay in a big plastic patio bin that sat under a tree in our backyard. We kept it off the ground and it already had holes in the bottom corners for air. It was big enough to hold one square bale. We went through a bale about every 5-6 months.

Hi,
I’m currently looking at a different hay supplier, who sells their hay in bales (well duh😜)
and not a cardboard box like small pet select.

Therefore I would greatly appreciate suggestions for where to put hay.

Unfortunately I can’t leave put it outside as it is very humid.

I currently have my hay in a closet that’s toward the β€œinsideβ€˜β€™ of the house.

Thank You 😊
Hi! We got a wooden shipping crate from a local company that gives them away. Lined it with thick plastic inside and that black roofing paper inside top. They are large enough that a bale fits just about inside. It is outside and has been for around 10 years with no issues. Its roughly 3x3x3 with a built in pallett. He hinged the lid too1602014458716.png

Latest posts

Back