Where do you buy your hay online?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sindri27

Reaction score
I live in an area where the only farm hay I can get is mainly in huge bales and is Bermuda. My rabbits wont eat it so I mainly order my hay online. I was curious of those people that also order hay online where do you mainly purchase it from?
Every couple of months I have to order hay and I sit for long periods of times trying to find the best deals so hopefully I can skip that this time. I have ordered Small Pet Select before but one of my rabbits didn't eat any of it. I mainly buy Kaytee or American Pet Diner which both love.

I'm assuming you are in the US. Just last fall I made my first online hay purchase through a recommendation of another member, Imbrium. She recommended Sierra Valley Hay. They are fabulous! Great service, easy ordering & hay quality is fantastic! My bunny girls come running when I'm putting their hay in! It is very cost effective even for me on the other side of the US. The 40 ounce pet store bags of hay cost me $15! Only problem I had was when I got down to my second box of hay I didn't realize how quick it was going so was caught off guard & had to buy pet store hay for a few days until my order with the wintry weather shipping could get it here. Will not go back to pet store tiny bags of tiny, thin hay except in a hay emergency! Oh, & where I live the only local hay is Bermuda as well which my bunnies aren't too fond of!

Pretty much the same trouble here - it's horse and cattle country, not rabbit country. I did find other people that have rabbits and, one place that sells huge bales of timothy, alfalfa and other quality horse hays. Now those are over 100.00 per bale and the bales are huge (one bale is a full sized pick up load) so since I have a barn to keep the stuff dry and, the truck to go get it, I got with the others that have rabbits and, we pool our funds to get one of those huge bales, then they come fill bags here and I store the hay to keep it clean and dry for our bunnies.

I have 11 right now but, often have as many as 50 rabbits (we raise them for various reasons). Pooling funds is a good way to get top quality hay when all ther eis locally is huge bales.

Latest posts

Back