Where did your rabbits come from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all 3 are from the pet store!! And all 3 were what they were supposed to be, so, I'm not disapointed in any way... :)

I marked humane society but thats not right butthe cloest thing that was there. Mine came from a place called Noah'sark. They are a no kill shelter. The bunnies theysell are always fixed and they dont make any profit off of them theyhave said. The humane society from when i askeddont fix the bunnies. Seems a little silly if you askme. But then again it put animals down so they arent going togo fixing animals that might get put down if they dont find ahome. I have a feeling the ark when they have a spot takesone of their bunnies. Cause when i adopted Roger she was on the phonemaking arrangements for another to take his place.

I still got to drop the cage off if my car will just be nice and work.

Cristy

I put breeder, but that's not exactly what shewas. Mr. Wiggles came from a lady that spun wool. They lived in thecountry but had decided when their daughter started college that theywanted to move back to the city so they have to sell their herd. Mr.Wiggles was already a year old when I got him and had been purchased asa baby from another breeder. I would consider him a rehomed bunny.

Megan

Katy and I got ourEmmy from my big sisters friend. She told her that if no one wanted it,she'll just leave it outside. In a quick response we said "We'll takeit". :)

I answered that Meat was a gift from a friend,which is true... but she was originally sold as a feeder bunny (notsure if she came from a pet store or feed store or what).

So, she's kindof a rescue-turned-gift. ;D

I got my first rabbit Cinnabun (aka BunBun) from the petstore that my hubby and I sold reptiles to.

Then I got Cookie from a local breeder.

Next we got Carmelita from 'The Fish Store' which suppossedly onlysells fish, but for some reason had Carmelita for sale. She lookedhorrible when I got her, but I just had to rescue her from that place.

Next, Carmelita had her two babies with Cinnabun, and that's how wecame to have Cupcake and Buttercup (Buttercup now has her forever homewith my sister and her family).

We then went back to the local breeder that we bought cookie from, and we came home with Hopscotch and Butterscotch.

Amaretto came next, and we bought her from The Pet Ark. She arrivedthere from a local breeder that breeds Flemish Giants and Holland Lops,and she was an "accidental" crossing of the two breeds.

Then, we bought Caspar from The Pet Ark, also..... I am always drawn tothat pet store just because I am unhappy with the conditions therabbits and all the other animals are kept in, and I always have to"rescue" the rabbits and take them home.

Second to last we bought Pea Wea from Petco, and she is the sweetest little kissing & nuzzle machine ever.

Just this week on Monday we went back to The Pet Ark, and 'rescued'Lickerish and KoKo. They were being house with 7 of their littermatesin a small, small cage. They had no room to move around. Many werecaked in feces and/or had bald spots. We got Lickerish half off becauseshe has a damaged eye. We would have rescued more of those babies, butwe knew we couldnt..... so we got the two.

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
She arrived there from a local breeder that breeds FlemishGiants and Holland Lops, and she was an "accidental" crossing of thetwo breeds.
OMG! I sure hope the doe was the Flemish Giant and not the other way around!

Laura

My boys were both from accidental litters.

My friend got their parents at an auction and thought she had 3 males, it turns out she had one male and 2 females.

So me being that animal lover I am, I brought Mocha and Spice home over a few weeks time.

i got my fuzzy lops from a breeder she was really nice!!!

i got my mixed breeds from a action and they were really small!

Latest posts

Back