Where did you get your bunnies name from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mei

Reaction score
I thought it would be kind of fun for all of us to talk about where we got our bunnies name from and why it's special to us! (Photos are super welcomed šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°)

My rabbits both got their names from something I really love. Snowy (the lionhead) got his name from my favorite pokemons (alolan vulpix) nickname. Yuki (mini rex) is a Japanese inspired name that I find just absolutely beautiful and some of my favorite anime characters name :) (it's kinda cute because the meanings of Yuki in japanese is Snow and happiness )

Attachments

• PXL_20201211_023834771.jpg
    PXL_20201211_023834771.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20201005_183115921.jpg
    PXL_20201005_183115921.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 2
I had Musti-for his unmistakably black fur. (i decided to "ignore" the broken pattern for his naming and i had no idea what his personality was like ) i honestly didn't want to give him a name at first because my parents had planned to pot him for holidays, but after a week we had collectively decided not to, so i got to name him. He barely spent a year with us before death but i love him to death.
I seriously considered naming my next frenchie Villu but it just somehow didn't sound right. I think that i'm slightly biast in not naming animals with obviously human names. Remy the rabbit made an awesome suggestion to call him Storm and i found it to be a perfect fit as his coat and personality were picture-perfect at the time.
When we looked at an adoptable bunny post in fb, i instantly knew i liked the fellow and wanted them to be a possible bonder for Storm. Dad agreed, so i decided that if the gal had no name, i would call them LĆ¼mi. Little did the owner know that the silky gal DesireĆ© was a dude, so he ended up with us, learning his name as LĆ¼mi.
LĆ¼mi:
received_3106711899555409.jpeg1596550575439622195899523293015.jpg
That was Musti:
20191106_164716.jpg
Storm's pic didn't come through...

I had Musti-for his unmistakably black fur. (i decided to "ignore" the broken pattern for his naming and i had no idea what his personality was like ) i honestly didn't want to give him a name at first because my parents had planned to pot him for holidays, but after a week we had collectively decided not to, so i got to name him. He barely spent a year with us before death but i love him to death.
I seriously considered naming my next frenchie Villu but it just somehow didn't sound right. I think that i'm slightly biast in not naming animals with obviously human names. Remy the rabbit made an awesome suggestion to call him Storm and i found it to be a perfect fit as his coat and personality were picture-perfect at the time.
When we looked at an adoptable bunny post in fb, i instantly knew i liked the fellow and wanted them to be a possible bonder for Storm. Dad agreed, so i decided that if the gal had no name, i would call them LĆ¼mi. Little did the owner know that the silky gal DesireĆ© was a dude, so he ended up with us, learning his name as LĆ¼mi.
LĆ¼mi:
View attachment 52149View attachment 52150
That was Musti:
View attachment 52151
Storm's pic didn't come through...
How special!! Thank you for sharing your story!! The names all fit perfectly just from the photos! LĆ¼mi is such a unique and pretty name

Ruby Rum Buns?.... It was a nickname for me... result of an interesting night at college, that I've been saving for years for just the right redhead.
Lolol this has to be an interesting story šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Ruby is definitely the right redhead! I just adore her!! ( And her love for totoro is pretty great šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)

So before I got my first bunnies, i had made an original character who was a superhero called Rabbit and his secret identity was Jackson Ovitt. When I learned we were getting two bunnies, my friends demanded i name one of them Jackson. His brother Baxter was named after a rabbit in a YouTube video and the name just really fit him once we brought them home.
Gobi was going to be named Pancake because of his coloring and i loved food themed names at the time. But Pancake just didnā€™t stick, so because he was a ā€œsandyā€ giant, we decided to name him after a desert so we named him after the Gobi Desert! We thought we were so clever lol
Mrs. Brown was named for her mate, Mr. Brown but she had two other names prior. The kids she was owned by originally named her Fluffy Flier because of how playful and bouncy she was as a baby. The little girl and I thought Poppy fit better because she was a sweet little flower. But when I took her in, my boyfriend forced ā€œMrs. Brownā€ on her so her official name is Mrs. Poppy Brown which is still terrible but for the last few years sheā€™s just been Mamba (Mama Bun) or Mrs. Baby anyway.
Mr. Brown, Chestnut, Pup, and Muffin came with their names :)

So before I got my first bunnies, i had made an original character who was a superhero called Rabbit and his secret identity was Jackson Ovitt. When I learned we were getting two bunnies, my friends demanded i name one of them Jackson. His brother Baxter was named after a rabbit in a YouTube video and the name just really fit him once we brought them home.
Gobi was going to be named Pancake because of his coloring and i loved food themed names at the time. But Pancake just didnā€™t stick, so because he was a ā€œsandyā€ giant, we decided to name him after a desert so we named him after the Gobi Desert! We thought we were so clever lol
Mrs. Brown was named for her mate, Mr. Brown but she had two other names prior. The kids she was owned by originally named her Fluffy Flier because of how playful and bouncy she was as a baby. The little girl and I thought Poppy fit better because she was a sweet little flower. But when I took her in, my boyfriend forced ā€œMrs. Brownā€ on her so her official name is Mrs. Poppy Brown which is still terrible but for the last few years sheā€™s just been Mamba (Mama Bun) or Mrs. Baby anyway.
Mr. Brown, Chestnut, Pup, and Muffin came with their names :)
Awe thank you for sharing this!! I think those are all very adorable names! Idk why but I think Mrs. poppy brown sounds so like classic and cute though! Lol

My buck,Robbie was named after the actor Rob Lowe,who I found out is deaf in his right ear.The rabbit Robbie has a small right ear with a narrow ear canal,and may be deaf or impaired as a result- hence the choice-it suits him well and he's a sweet natured boy who'll probably always be a big baby at heart!

Attachments

• 20201110_223153.jpg
    20201110_223153.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 7
Nordic mythology: Odin, Torsten and Embla. Torsten was going to be called Tor (Thor) but it sounded not cute and no cute nickname. So I choiced Torsten which is just Tor and rock combined, which means tunderstorm but I often call him Toste.

Toste got the name because he had quite the explosive temperament šŸ¤£

Odin just came to me, I think itā€™s because heā€™s a small figther nearly getting killed by his mother and raised by bottle. He also nearly went into GI stasis when he moved to me and a few other complications. But heā€™s perfectly healthy now, so heā€™s a strong bun.

Embla got her name because I wanted something that fitted with classical swedish names and still have something with plants. Her name itā€™s of the first human woman created by Odin and means little elm. Sheā€™s the youngest of the bunnies and still wet behind the ears when being around people.

All of the other rabbits are so cute! Snowball got her name from her coloring and how she used to sit all curled up, not stretched out when we first got her. Belle got her name from my sister, she just wanted to name her that. And Tux got his name from his coloring too!19B7A719-96EB-4B15-BB81-E312C52D2F84.jpeg
CB4D5890-8BA6-47BC-A96F-8F745EBC8186.jpeg
511CF859-230A-424C-8500-9C6A4B3CE5BB.jpeg

Attachments

• D087858B-D78E-439D-B487-86F9B12AB52D.jpeg
    D087858B-D78E-439D-B487-86F9B12AB52D.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back