Where did you adopt your rabbit from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy, like you, all our buns have been rescues, captures or abandoned rabbits (that we sp/eutered), or adopteds from shelters.

Some can from families that no longer wanted 'em and contacted us. I volunteered at the shelter for numerous years and saw all kinds of things occur. And when my friend took me to an old-technology farm where rabbits were given as bday gifts to children, the wooden hutches and environment made me gasp. The old-tech farmer had no clue about gendering the rabbits and his priority was not on the animals/pets kept on his property.

It was reported that numerous dutch rabbits from a breeder were being abandoned in a nearby wooded area. With the predators that lurk, they likely didn't survive.

Our Flemish came from a lady that couldn't keep the two she got as babies or youngsters, Her home situation included a cat or two, a large dog, 2-3 kids, and her mother needing to move into her apartment or home.

I tell our furry companions how lucky each of them are to have our dedication and TLC.

Nancy, like you, all our buns have been rescues, captures or abandoned rabbits (that we sp/eutered), or adopteds from shelters.

Some can from families that no longer wanted 'em and contacted us. I volunteered at the shelter for numerous years and saw all kinds of things occur. And when my friend took me to an old-technology farm where rabbits were given as bday gifts to children, the wooden hutches and environment made me gasp. The old-tech farmer had no clue about gendering the rabbits and his priority was not on the animals/pets kept on his property.

It was reported that numerous dutch rabbits from a breeder were being abandoned in a nearby wooded area. With the predators that lurk, they likely didn't survive.

Our Flemish came from a lady that couldn't keep the two she got as babies or youngsters, Her home situation included a cat or two, a large dog, 2-3 kids, and her mother needing to move into her apartment or home.

I tell our furry companions how lucky each of them are to have our dedication and TLC.
You have done a great service to those buns! ❤️

I’d been casually talking about getting a bunny for years, but never looked into actually doing it. I must have mentioned it to a friend over dinner one night, because the next day, she forwarded an appeal from a lady on Facebook, searching for a forever home for 2 bunnies she had rescued.

My buns, plus Gigi’s 3 babies and another bunny (presumably the dad) were dumped out in the April heat behind a shopping mall. A couple of lovely ladies were able to catch my girls and the babies, but the dad ran away unfortunately. I hope someone else found him 😞

Other than as a kid, I had no experience with bunnies, but I messaged the lady to say I was interested and then researched the heck out of bunny care and bonding. I went to meet them and decided I wanted to help. The lady that rescued them already had 2 buns, plus then 3 of the rescues with her in a 1 bed and they were not all getting on, so it was stressful for all concerned!

After bunny proofing every cable in sight, I picked them up the following evening. Knowing now how stressed they get when they travel, they were incredibly calm when they arrived. They watched me set up their area from their carrier and once it was ready, they hopped on out, had some food , went off exploring and then were completely chilled for the night. It was like they immediately felt right at home.

They are totally amazing. They completely adore each other, I’ve had pretty much no behaviour issues with them and all my furniture is in tact 😆.

They were treated appallingly, so what I’m really enjoying is seeing how they trust me more day by day and seeing them relaxed and happy. It’s a long process, but I’m in no rush.

I’m very grateful to this group for helping me on my bunny mum journey. We also have a great bunny FB community here in Dubai and I saw one of G’s babies on there this week. She looks identical and is in a lovely home ☺

This is how they were when they were found 😔

View attachment 53469View attachment 53470

And this was about 30 mins after they got to my place

View attachment 53471

That rug has been theirs ever since haha
That's one of the most delightful stories I've heard, they look SO happy and they sound like amazing citizens!

That's one of the most delightful stories I've heard, they look SO happy and they sound like amazing citizens!
They really bring so much joy to my life, I’m pleased we found each other. I couldn’t be without them now 🥰

We have such a problem here at the moment with abandoned buns, people are quite astonishing. We have no shelters or rescues for bunnies, so fostering is the only solution. I’m feeling quite torn. I would love to foster, but I’m conscious that my girls have only just found contentment and wouldn’t want to stress them out, they’re such happy little things

Latest posts

Back