Where can you buy wheatgrass seeds online?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarbunnies

Reaction score
So, Niki and Mischa gobbled up the tiny wheatgrass thing I managed to find at the grocery store, but they didn't have seeds. Petsmart had wheatgrass packages, but they had ingredients I was unfamiliar with and hesitant to feed to my bunnies.

Where do you guys get your seeds?

I'm confused about what it is that you want. You grow wheat grass by planting wheat berries. If there isn't a health food store near you, you can buy them online at Amazon, I assume, or at vitacost.com.

A lot of people have been confused by this. Some have asked at a farm feed store & been told you can't buy them this time of year, because the store sells wheat to farmers only near outdoor planting times, & in large quantities at that.

Other people think about what humans consume from wheat grass: the extracted juice. Wheat grass is just the early stages of wheat plants, before the seed-heads form. So just think of it as any kind of annual grass & plant the berries thick [so about 1/3 the soil is covered], then cover with just enough soil that you can't see the berries. Until the berries sprout & keep the soil in place, water by misting the soil rather than dumping water on it which might cause the berries to move around & form clumps.

Put your tray of seeds in a sunny windowsill & when the grass is about 4" tall, cut off 3" & feed your rabbits. After doing this awhile, the wheat will stop growing & you'll have to start over.

Latest posts

Back