Where can my mum house her bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
Hi , I'm looking for housing options as I'm giving my mum a bunny for her birthday.

Do you know any options?

Hope you talked with your mom, is it one of the kits that have been born that you are keeping? Because you seem to have quite a lot of pets in your household and rehoming a few because you couldn’t take care of them all.

Also in a few of your treads you have gotten tips on how to house a bunny. I expect it will be the same tips again on how to house a bunny ☺️

Depends on how her place is like. She knows about that idea, and agreed? You do not give animals as a surprise present.
Yeah she agreed.
We have small house , and maybe can be free roamed with a home base?

Hope you talked with your mom, is it one of the kits that have been born that you are keeping? Because you seem to have quite a lot of pets in your household and rehoming a few because you couldn’t take care of them all.

Also in a few of your treads you have gotten tips on how to house a bunny. I expect it will be the same tips again on how to house a bunny ☺
Yes from litter , I'm rehoming most , my mum caring for this one.
So I keep 1 or 2 myself .
Sorry you know I forget , I had to Google what I need to get .

Yeah she agreed.
We have small house , and maybe can be free roamed with a home base?
Yes from litter , I'm rehoming most , my mum caring for this one.
So I keep 1 or 2 myself .
Sorry you know I forget , I had to Google what I need to get .

I thought you were trying to re-home most of your rabbits. That was before you had kits. Now you want to keep 1 or 2 of the kits too? Giving one to your mom doesn't count as 're-homing" since it remains in the same home (just with mom supposedly caring for it). It also doesn't help with the money problem of paying for their care.

From my count, there has been 3 'unintended' litters. Maybe it's time to re-home all but 1 or 2 rabbits total. (and if you keep two, have them the same sex since you can't afford vet costs to neuter them)

I thought you were trying to re-home most of your rabbits. That was before you had kits. Now you want to keep 1 or 2 of the kits too? Giving one to your mom doesn't count as 're-homing" since it remains in the same home (just with mom supposedly caring for it). It also doesn't help with the money problem of paying for their care.

From my count, there has been 3 'unintended' litters. Maybe it's time to re-home all but 1 or 2 rabbits total. (and if you keep two, have them the same sex since you can't afford vet costs to neuter them)
Yeah Im keeping 1 rabbit , and my mum is keeping one .

I would think about the space, if you have less bunnies you could focus more on Jasmine or are you thinking to bond Jasmine with a friend. Are you going to spay the kits and Jasmine or just let them be unspayed/neutered.

I don't remember if Jasmine was free roaming but I remember her home base was a dog crate. Before taking care of another bunny, you need to consider if you have the space for one and can provide them with everything 😅

Even myself find trouble handling my bunnies sometimes when both are indoors while I have a 3 sq m hutch with 20 sq m run standing empty outdoors. Just making sure they both get time outside my bedroom and get to run in the rest of the house. My bunnies aren't bonded so I need to make sure they both get to stretch and run around. So will you also be able to give the same good care if you keep the kits and will you be able to pay for the extra. Sometimes it's better to be able saving money, so you can give better care to the bunny you will own.

Yeah
I would think about the space, if you have less bunnies you could focus more on Jasmine or are you thinking to bond Jasmine with a friend. Are you going to spay the kits and Jasmine or just let them be unspayed/neutered.

I don't remember if Jasmine was free roaming but I remember her home base was a dog crate. Before taking care of another bunny, you need to consider if you have the space for one and can provide them with everything 😅
I have space and can provide them stuff
They will probably be free roamed maybe.

My mum chose to free roam in kitchen/dining room area , is rhAt okay?
I know how to bunny proof , but does she need to slowly transition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back