When Should I Start Introducing Them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
Hey all!

I know now is not the time at all, but when would be a good time to introduce my two younger boys (mmm... 2 and a half maybe 3 months old) to my Flemish Giant Breakfast (who IS neutered and is going to be one year old sometime in May).

Do I wait until both of them are neutered? One boy (Stir-Fry)is a Palomino and so hopefully going to be of some substantial size, but the other (Ralph) is going to be a smaller-ish rabbit. One of my bigger fears is that Stir-Fry will get to be neutered before Ralph, and Ralph has to wait. If at all possible I want to at least keep them together, so that while I am attempting to bond all three I don't have all 3 as singles.

Should I keep them in the same room? Right now Breakfast just gets to run around in the family room where their cage is kept occassionally. Should I move his pen down here or move their cage up to his area in our upstairs living room? So even if they can't interact they are used to each other's presence?

I'm FAR too scared to try and even let them play together now, he is SO much bigger than they are... I'm sure if he wanted to he could kill them easily. Breakfast seems like a rabbit's rabbit, but I also know he is a dominant type. I know it's a bit early to call the dice on this but I'm thinking Stir-Fry may also be a dominant type as well. Any ideas on that aspect?

Thanks guys!!!

love the avatar! personally i would have them in the same room - with a barrier tho'. at least they would be getting used to each others presence and smell:)

Well I think since Breakfest is nueterd and both stirfry and Ralph are youngings, some introductions could be in order, but wait until they are bigger.

When I had my english lop, he was a lot bigger than my lionhead and would trample her and once hurt her foot. And if they are trying to figure out dominance issues, size and power could def be a scary factor.

If you have stirfry and ralph bonded at this point on a unnuetred level, try to keep it that way and then introduce them slowly one by one.

:)

slavetoabunny wrote:
Personally, I would wait until they are all neutered. Keeping them in the same room would be fine though.
I agree 100%.

I think trying to bond/intro unaltered bunnies (babies, at that, LOL!) to an altered bunny (and vise versa) isn't a smart decision.

Latest posts

Back