When robins attack.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
Anyone know of a humane way to get rid of a robin? This bird is at my work and it is damaging all of our cars. Covering them in nasty dropping (which wash off) but also scratching into the paint and even the glazing on the windows....my hubby is furious right now. It looks like the front right of my car was in a sandstorm. I just want this bird to leave my car alone...anyone have any idea?

Thats really weird, never heard of a robin doing that. Crows and magpie yes but not a robin.

You could try putting up a bird of prey figure like a owl or Hawk at work or some type of scarecrow or sound repellent device.

It seems to only go after the darker colored cars. It doesn't bother the lighter colored ones. I wonder what my hubby would think about an owl statue on the roof of it LOL. You should have seen me trying to explain the damage...HONEST honey it was done by a robin....we thought at first it was attracted to my friend's truck which is black....so we parked seperate with about 5 cars in between us....stupid bird flies back and forth between the two of them pecking and digging at the windows...it wants IN!!!!

Maybe he can see his reflection better in the dark cars and is fighting with an "intruder" to his territory. Maybe go down a muddy dirt road and leave your car dirty to see if that helps;)

Unfortunately, I parked too close to a tree at work yesterday and found it marked by a crow. I had to stop at the nearest gas station so I could see again - talk about HUGE white washing job. Yuck! I enjoy watching the crows in the trees from my desk but I must remember to park on the other side of the lot from now on.

Can you tie a tarp over your car until spring mating season is over? ;)The birds can be especially territorial during this time.

Crows at my job have a great time using my car as a bullseye.. Robins (well there not in So Cal but in Oregon where I grew up they are plentiful). Agree you must be parking where their nesting/mating.. Park somewhere else or get a car cover.. Like the idea of putting an Owl on the car (keep it in your trunk - when you park, pull it out and leave it). Would be curious to hear if it worked? Good luck and post back what you figured out worked..

Well so far I haven't found an owl...have to get to the farm store and see if they have them. It is now going after every car in the parking lot. And while the droppings are disgusting we could deal with that, but it is leaving gouges in the paint of our cars. One of the girls is going today to buy a punch of those pinwheels that you can put in gardens....and we're going to put them all over the fence and the antennas of our vehicles when we're parked. I looked into the cover for my Xterra....ok can't afford that LOL. This is just nuts. One of our drivers has a mazda miatta with a covertible top. He had to put the hardtop back on because that little stinker of a bird was starting to damage the convertible top. I'm beginning to wonder if there is just something wrong with this bird. It seems obsessed with cars. We watch it even go down to the gas station and try to get into the cars there.

Try calling animal control/or your wildlife people and see if they have any suggestions too.

Get a sound recording of hawk calls and stick that in your parking lot.

I'm curious is their a nest around where you park your car?

That is the only time I have see Robins attack. They are very protective of the eggs/babies.

Susan:)

LOL the nearest trees are probably 300ft away. And I don't think this one has laid eggs yet as its HUGELY fat. One of the girls went and bought a 3ft long rubber snake and attached it to her antenna and then draped it over the hood and it left her truck alone. I scared it this morning by hitting the panic button on my alarm and so far it seems to have scared it away. But as near as we can tell it's looking at its reflection and "attacking" the other bird.

I think I killed it...accidentally....it was after my car again....I was pulling in with the bus and the stinking bird was going to town on my windshield....just attacking it....so I hit the panic button on the alarm on the car. The bird took off in a cloud of feathers and bird poop....and it hasn't come back. The girls think I scared it to death. I'm hoping its just that the reflection it saw squawked at it so loudly and angrily that it scared it off.

Latest posts

Back