When I think of Appalachia I think of...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittanyandFruFru

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Rabbit lovers,

I need your help in kind of a poll, I am in an Appalachian Studies class and want to see what people think so my question is When I think of Appalachia I think of. Now be honest it won't offend me I just want to see what people think outside the area, if you kindly leave your name( first name is fine) and where you are from.

Thanks for you responses in advance.

I had no idea there were Appalachia studies classes.

I think of poverty. When I was in HS my church got together a semi load of food, clothing and other supplies. I went with the delivery team. It was so sad to see how these people were living. Their spirit and faith were incredible though.

Brandy

Originally from Ohio, now from PA

Coal, hard working, poverty.... my area everyone on wellfare and drinking beer and abusing food stamps.....

teacher may not like that.

I think of beautiful areas, but poverty, coal, hard working, family.. exc.

This may not be exactly what you're going for, but I think of Yo Yo Ma's Appalachian Journey. Other than that, I think of very poor people living in ramshackle trailers with shoeless children. Not bad people, just very poor.

I think of "Christy" the book and tv series and I think of hard times, close families, strong traditions, music and crafts.
Sherill from Fort Worth, TX

Latest posts

Back