When i get my rabbite can i show in in a small town fair??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovethetailyall

Reaction score
Every year there is a beeton fall fair! There is a lil part wheere you show your rabbits! you think my rabbite could show....like if i trainded it... what is rabbite showing... how do they judge?? My naboor is some like top rabbite shower.. he ceeps his rabbits in a nabbors barn...he has lots! sooo what exacly is rabbite showing???:?

We've been showing for many years and I'm also an ARBA Judge  :)

Show rules differ, so you'll need to get a copy of the rules and entry information from the show committee for your fair.

Many fair shows require that the rabbit has a permanent tattoo in its left ear, so you'll need to check to see if this is a requirement for you fair.

You'll also need to know what breed and color your rabbit is or if the fair has pet classes if you are unable to identify the breed.

Generally, at fair shows, the exhibitor or show committee puts the rabbit on the show table for the judge to evaluate.  Sometimes the rabbits are left in the coops and judged.

In a showmanship class, the exhibitor would go through the evaluation process in front of the judge.

I highly recommend joining the American Rabbit Breeders Association(which also includes Canada).  You'll receive a guidebook within formation on showing as well as a yearbook with rules listing.  You'll also receive the Domestic Rabbits publication with membership.

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

They look for a nice, healthy rabbit with good markings, nice weight, and a nice, full body. When they look at colors they look to see how dark or light it is, what the undercoat reveals,skin color, and health of fur. For me, I show chocolate and black dutch rabbits. The reason for the two colors is that I ocasionally throw in a black for a richer choc look, but this doesn't work for all colors,etc. tortoiseshell... If the rabbit is supposed to have markings, they check how well the rabbit is marked. I recommend you to go to a show and see if you can buy an ARBA Book of Standards. They show specifications for each breed.

Latest posts

Back